• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we need to worry about #2 WR

Zod

Yes, we do. I'm telling you, we need to go after Jared Cook from South Carolina. I know he played TE, but Spurrier lined him wide out like a WR very often. He's big, he's fast, and he can catch. He's definitely the kind of guy we want to compliment Smith.

He creates mismatch problems; I mean, who do you put on a guy thats 6'4" 240 and runs a 4.5?

Moose is not any younger

Jarrett is not very good

Hackett is mediocre and oft injured

Do we need to spend a first day draft pick? If not, look at serious FA WR's

The DL is a lot more serious concern. That should be the main focus for the draft and/or free agency.

To me, the more pressing matter would be rebuilding the D....But I think our most urgent concern should be shoring up our less than stout defense.

the defense can be fixed by the new defensive staff.

with or without peppers, carolina has enough pieces in place to have a formidable defense. it's in the hands of the new defensive staff to make those pieces fit together.

any position that they feel needs new blood will be filled by veteran players.

i was one of the very few that said that carolina would pick up a RB in the first round last season...and got blasted. too many williams nuthuggers were blind to the fact that carolina had ZERO dept at the RB position. don't be surprised if the panthers build dept at the position this season too.

someone jokingly dubbed me matt millen when i said that carolina would grab a WR with their first pick this season. people keep mentioning robinson and jarrett being the future, and that it takes time for a college receiver to develop in the nfl....bullsh*t.

you're either a playmaking threat or your not. and no one on the roster outside of smith is or will be.

Meaning of course Jarrett didn't go to Carolina?... :D

That was in the back of my mind...but my hatred for USC is pretty high as well.

It goes more into how long it historically takes to develop WR talent. I have no rpb taking Nicks or a WR in the draft...just not in the 2nd

I understand the concern but I will say no.

Moose looked as good at the end of the season as he did at the start so I think asking one more year from him as the #2 is reasonable.

I think Jarrett is pretty good but he just can't get the touches partially due to Jakes eyes always eyeing Smitty and Moose and Fox's loyalty to Hackett

huh? this was hackett's first year.

and when choosing between hackett and jarrett for the playoffs, who did he choose?

of course it could be because fox wasn't taking the cards very seriously but jarrett was becoming more the one fox chose between the two.

Anyway, going after a #2 won't do us any good this year. the pecking order is still going to be

Smith

:

:

:

:

:

Moose

:

:

:

:

TE

:

:

FB

:

RB

i don't see that changing any time this coming season unless the new QB coach has some success with Jake helping understand how he needs to look at other options.

Archived