• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gamble Walked Out of Practice Last Week

SOJA

http://carolinagrowl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=766:frustrated-gamble-walked-out-of-practice-last-week&catid=1:articles

Gamble was in the building last Wednesday hours before practice was to start, but got upset over critique of his performance during a team meeting and decided to skip practice. Sources said issues off the field also led to that abrupt decision. Coach John Fox attributed Gamble's absence from practice to “personal reasons.”

In the game prior to walking out of practice, Gamble gave up a long touchdown pass to Baltimore’s T.J. Houshmandzadeh on the second play of the game.
-lol that was Godfrey's fault too

When asked if it was a disagreement between him and coach John Fox, Brown added, “To be honest, I really don't know. I didn't know that he missed practice until about halfway through practice when I said, 'Where's Gam?' Obviously, I approached him just to make sure he was OK mentally because you never know what's going on in somebody's life outside of football. Once he said he was good, that was pretty much the end of it there
- hope everything is alright, this season must be rough on all the vets, but the last thing this team needs is implosion from its few veteran leaders, god I feel like Smitty is a ticking timebomb

sounds like he does have other stuff going on. People are allowed to have bad days....that would include NFL players.

that is one thing about Foxy players have to like....he could have easily called Gamble out and I would say a large percentage of coaches would have.

sounds like he does have other stuff going on. People are allowed to have bad days....that would include NFL players.

that is one thing about Foxy players have to like....he could have easily called Gamble out and I would say a large percentage of coaches would have.

I one hundred percent agree

If he has some issues he needs to get some help ASAP. otherwise its kind of hard to feel sorry him the way hes been playing lately, considering that fat contract he got.

well, we don't know Gamble and what he has going on. It is hinted he has off field stuff going on....with something in life there is no "help". You just have to get through them. No way to guess what he has going on right now.

Another sign that a mutual split from Fox is best. Even if the guys are playing/fighting hard, it's not because of Fox, it's personal pride. All the years we've questioned whether players have given up on Fox, or if he lost the locker room - this proves he has.

When asked if it was a disagreement between him and coach John Fox, Brown added, “To be honest, I really don't know. I didn't know that he missed practice until about halfway through practice when I said, 'Where's Gam?' Obviously, I approached him just to make sure he was OK mentally because you never know what's going on in somebody's life outside of football. Once he said he was good, that was pretty much the end of it there

You forgot to mention that after this happened, Everette got so excited he exploded in a flurry of spin moves

Archived