• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Davidson is on Chief's list

unicar15

How much of the improvement was Davidson and how much was because of revamping the OL, having quality backups and quality RBs? I think Dan Henning could have done a great job with this team. In fact I think just about anybody with college OC experience could have done a good job with this team!

Those have always been my thoughts.

I don't want to take anything away from Davidson, but much of our offensive success resulted directly from the players.

DeAngelo Williams is a prime example of this. Though he definitely benfitted from the blocking and playcalling, most of Williams' success this year came from runs that he made happen. You just can't call many of Williams' long runs this year.

Our defense sucked again this year, (not the first time).

We all were calling for major changes in the coaching staff.

Several members of the defensive coaching staff have left including the number one scapgoat, our DC.

We're all upset about this??????

i do think it's strange davidson hasn't signed with us (?) yet so the story could be plausible

we better do what we can to keep Davidson, b/c idt there's any other good options for offensive coordinator out there

Any assistant coach/coordinator can interview and accecpt a head coaching position while under contract with another team. He could sign his contract with Carolina today and accept the HC position at KC tomorrow without any contractual problems.

Didn't know if this had been posted but I heard Mortensen on ESPN yesterday say not to be surprised if the Chiefs go after Jeff Davidson. I think they have probably already found their main target in Todd Haley but things change quickly.

I would honestly consider firing Fox just to keep Davidson and make him the HC if that is what it would take to keep the guy on our staff. The first time since Fox has been here that we have had a potent offense...Not willing to give that up without a fight.

I wouldn't say this is the first year we have had a potent offense. We have definetely never had a running game even close to this though. It was unbelievable sitting at the Redskins preseason game and watching 2 panther rb's go for that many yards and TD's in just the first half even though it was the preseason but thats when we all realized we have something very special here with those 2

Its not out of question people...

I think it was Kirwan who posted a article called, "Top 5 (or 10) coaches on the Rise" and Davidson was like, number 5 or 6..

That being said, his name hasn't really come up but it wouldn't surprise me if he was to get the job.

and yeah, maybe a lot of the success was because of the player's talent but the media loves to make it out as if Davidson is one of the brightest offensive minds in the league....

Plus, working under top end coaches like Belichik doesn't hurt yourself.

It would really, really suck if Davidson was stolen away from us by the Chiefs. I doubt it happens though. But he'll awful hard to keep next year if the offense keeps rolling.

Our defense sucked again this year, (not the first time).

We all were calling for major changes in the coaching staff.

Several members of the defensive coaching staff have left including the number one scapgoat, our DC.

We're all upset about this??????

If i've noticed anything about this board, it's that nobody ever seems to be happy about anything.

If i've noticed anything about this board, it's that nobody ever seems to be happy about anything.

The NFL is a league in which only ONE team comes out a winner while 31 others are "losers". Same goes for the fan base! Maybe the Dolphins/Falcons fan base can smile some, but still, you know they're bitter about their Playoff losses.

It's all about winning, Chan Fan. But just you wait, come combine time, FA time, and the draft, things will perk up around here and we'll start boasting about how better we'll be and how much ass we will kick. But come on, we just lost a lot of coaches, the star on D wants out, and we haven't signed jack. Of course there is a dark cloud over us currently. It'll go away though.

HC job. Not OC.

Not gonna happen. I will place my money on someone from the Cards. Davidson didnt help his cause with HC with the meltdown of Delhomme and the offense in the playoffs. Hell he has only been a OC for 2 year now also. Just to note he also got his QB coach from CLE to come here so thats another sign he is staying.

Archived