• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2011 Carolina Panthers Free Agency Thread

The Saltman

What are your opinions on getting a guy like J. Joseph from the Bengals? Have a feeling Marshall is on his way out and Gamble isn't getting any younger and has struggled at times this year. Couple that with a stud DT in FA or a bruiser in the middle rounds of the draft and our defense starts looking real solid once we get penetration on the line. Wouldn't mind getting another corner in the middle rounds as well.

Then again, if by some miracle we don't have the number one pick and Luck is off the board, I'd want Patrick Peterson over anyone else. Or the best DT available. Decisions, decisions. :eek: Or should we trade down? :confused:

Going to be a memorable off-season to say the least, I'm keeping faith though.

you'll need to consider those players who would have gone FA last year, but couldn't because of FA rules changing due to the salary cap disappearing. if the CBA gets done, this FA class could be huge. teams with the most cap room wins.

that winner being us, we are right now I believe $70 million under the old cap(no cap this year) and we are in the position to be the biggest winning in FA if the CBA is straightened out in time, and imagine if they put a cap on rookie salaries?

Before everyone start salivating too much over the high priced free agents we could potentially bring in I would like to point out that it isn't always the best players that bring you the best results. It is the players that best fit into your system who have the will win to win and the drive to work incredibly hard that bring you the best results and in turn championships.

Archived