• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moore wants to stay a Panther

MurkN

I'd prefer to have a vet around next year, but the free agent QB market is lousy. The best guy out there is Kyle Orton - assuming he actually comes available - and he'd have to learn a new system.

I'd be okay with Moore staying. Wouldn't mind seeing whether he'd be better with a different QB coach.

Folks, you can get mad at him if you like, but Joe Montana would have sucked at QB for us in the first few weeks of the season. Everyone is way too hard on Moore. He would be a good veteran backup. Have you shopped around the league to see what else would be available? QBs are hard to find.

I'm at the point where I'd rather not see Clausen line up under center at all next year. Hell if we weren't in the running for the first pick I'd rather not see him the rest of this year.

But we might not get that first pick without Clausen. Oh the irony.

nah he'll get interest as a backup.

yep. Moore has a winning record as a starter. He has won games every year his number has been called. I would imagine several teams will be interested in him as a backup QB. Plus, he is young and still has potential.

The only way Moore is here is if they think he can be the veteran backup or that he could lead the team and start. Or if they don't draft a quarterback in the first and decide to go with Clausen. Otherwise assuming they draft Luck or Newton, that would give them a draft pick, Clausen, Pike, Moore and a veteran backup going into training camp. At some point they will only keep 3 so that leaves only 1 slot for Moore, Pike, and the other veteran backup.

The only way Moore is here is if they think he can be the veteran backup or that he could lead the team and start. Or if they don't draft a quarterback in the first and decide to go with Clausen. Otherwise assuming they draft Luck or Newton, that would give them a draft pick, Clausen, Pike, Moore and a veteran backup going into training camp. At some point they will only keep 3 so that leaves only 1 slot for Moore, Pike, and the other veteran backup.

Gonna cut Clausen for Pike? No way.

I get it if people don't want Clausen to start but you're an idiot if you think the Panthers are going to cut him in order to keep Tony Pike, a throwaway 6th-rounder who couldn't learn the plays and cadences in enough months to supplant a guy off the street. It wasn't Fox hating him, either. He just isn't NFL material at all.

And I'm sure the Clausen haters don't think he is either, but the Panthers do, and they're going to keep him around, whether you like it or not. It isn't up to you whether they cut a 2nd-round pick after one season or not, just like it isn't up to me.

But Clausen will not be cut in camp. Or traded. Ask any NFL beat writer or someone with some semblance of actual knowledge of the organization. New coach or not, he's here.

Clausen is here to stay, whether we draft Luck or not, IMO.

If we draft Luck, it could be an interesting battle in training camp.

an interesting battle between Luck and whatever vet the new coach brings in. Clausen ain't gonna compete for anything but a roster spot at this point. He isn't gonna battle for a starting job next season.

I really don't know how i feel about this.

I'm still on team Matt. always have been. i think he is capable of great things in this league, although i may just be a homer for the kid. he is a GREAT backup who can get us wins in a pinch, but he isn't the vet QB that we need on our team right now. hell, he could actually benefit from a vet QB, and the front office ignoring that completely this offseason hurt all of our young QBs in the long run.

So yes, i want moore back, but we invested(wasted) a second round pick on Jimmy f**king Clausen, so there isn't much we can do about Moore right now. The fact that Hurney drafted Pike because he was "the best player available" throws another monkey wrench into this poo. that was a waste of a damn pick. there's no way that the next BPA on their board wouldn't have helped with depth in another position. Pike is the reason everyone got screwed out of a mentor this year, who needs 4 QBs on their roster?

I really don't know how i feel about this.

I'm still on team Matt. always have been. i think he is capable of great things in this league, although i may just be a homer for the kid. he is a GREAT backup who can get us wins in a pinch, but he isn't the vet QB that we need on our team right now. hell, he could actually benefit from a vet QB, and the front office ignoring that completely this offseason hurt all of our young QBs in the long run.

So yes, i want moore back, but we invested(wasted) a second round pick on Jimmy f**king Clausen, so there isn't much we can do about Moore right now. The fact that Hurney drafted Pike because he was "the best player available" throws another monkey wrench into this poo. that was a waste of a damn pick. there's no way that the next BPA on their board wouldn't have helped with depth in another position. Pike is the reason everyone got screwed out of a mentor this year, who needs 4 QBs on their roster?

Pike isn't a monkey wrench. 6th rounders come and go after a year all the time.

Archived