• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gabbert, Green, Fairlley

Rags

As for the cheating, anywhere from 75%-98% of college students admit to cheating according to education-portal.org. I cheated during college and so did you and everyone reading this that went to college.

so you would pay a quarterback 80 million dollars who actually cheated in college??? that's a BIG risk and i did NOT cheat in college.

so you would pay a quarterback 80 million dollars who actually cheated in college??? that's a BIG risk and i did NOT cheat in college.

LOL at paying him "80 million dollars". It'll be more like a third of that.

And sure I'd pay him a big contract. Cheating on a test has nothing to do with success on the football field. It's not against the law, so who cares?

I haven't so I can't really judge him.

The fact that he comes from a spread makes me =/, and some mocks same to have him all over the board, but always in the top 20.

Youtube doesn't have any videos. So yeah.

How many people in here have actually seen Gabbert play?lol

^ This. Srsly, I've seen him play a little, but not enough to blow a #1 pick on him. I hope Newton and Fairley have mind blowing games and combines and hopefully make the #1 pick something to desire, because right now, it's looking pretty meek. Fairley, if he puts on some McCoy/Suh type numbers in the next few months, will be just what we need, but right now, I don't see him as a #1 overall pick. AJ Green... same boat. I'd rather someone trade into our spot that wants Bowers or reaches for one of the QB's (Newton/Gabbert), trade down a few spots and take BPA plus recoup some picks and players that fill needs. Newton and Gabbert are first round QB's and Mallett is a fringe 1st rounder, but more of an early 2nd, so unless we can grab value for Newton or Gabbert, I don't want them first overall..... unless Newton blows everyone away. Newton is a great collegiate QB, but playing in a shotgun spread offense worries me. Combined with the lack of experience and being able to capitalize on his athletic ability that he won't be able to rely on at the NFL level, he's got to prove something more. He could be a Steve McNair/Big Ben clone, but he could also be a Vince Young or Kevin Kolb as well.

How many people in here have actually seen Gabbert play?lol

I haven't. All I have is this cruddy quality highlight video, where he looks pretty good:

not enough to know if we should draft him.

Against Iowa (a good defense IMO) he was 41/57 with 434 yards, 1 TD passing, 1 TD rushing, and 2 INTs.

57 attemtps and only 2 ints isn't bad, but still not that great.

against Nebraska he was considerably more mediocre, 18/42 (blech) for 199 yards (blech), 1 TD/1 INT.

I'm conflicted, because if you want a QB coming out of the spread I'm not sure he's the best one.

Archived