• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Matt Moore still be our guy?

Snake

was it my imagination or did Moore lose his 2nd spot in training camp of 2009 and got demoted to #3? I could be wrong, that was a while ago, but I thought we had someone ahead of him heading into the regular season that year.

It didn't help that he was coming off a broken leg in 2008, but McCown was the 2nd guy heading into 2009. The first game Delhomme turned it over 5 times, McCown went on IR after like 2 plays, and then Moore came in and did mop up duty until his number was called again later that year.

was it my imagination or did Moore lose his 2nd spot in training camp of 2009 and got demoted to #3? I could be wrong, that was a while ago, but I thought we had someone ahead of him heading into the regular season that year.

He broke his leg the previous year or he would have been #2 in 08. They brought in McCown and the when Moore got healthy the depth chart just remained the same. No real reason to change it after that.

Are you gonna back down from every argument I shut down?

I'm still waiting for examples. I provided you examples of reasons why he would be brought back, you came with a general statement.

I'm asking you, besides that one pick (which is arguable still), what mental errors did he make in the SF game?

If you can't answer it or the answer is none, just say so.

I;m so tired of your sh*t. Nobody here is saying he is a franchise QB. He is better than you admit, but all you can do is beat your retard drum, and act like you don't hear what people are saying.

YOU need to get a grip.

LOL I think those are standard issue here at the huddle. I was told mine was on back order. :D

I'm still waiting for examples. I provided you examples of reasons why he would be brought back, you came with a general statement.

I'm asking you, besides that one pick (which is arguable still), what mental errors did he make in the SF game?

If you can't answer it or the answer is none, just say so.

I'm not going to go back and give you a play-by-play from single game. I've already told you Moore's performance that game was average anyways. (average in this case being a compliment)

I've provided you with tons of examples of why he shouldn't be brought back and all you can seem to do is post stupid redundant messages like

lol rriiiiiighhhttt and you can't just assume that Moore makes poor decisions!!! oh noes!!

You don't resign a 5 year Vet who can't get it done. Not with the QB situation we're in.

4 yr vet and you haven't provided one concrete example. If he made so many, just give me one.

Thanks

I have one. His vision seemed to go down when he came to Carolina. His Rookie season and even into the last part of 08 he seemed to find the open man and scan the field well. For some reason in 2010 he seemed to just hurl it to Smith without noticing that there were double teams all over him. Then turn around and miss Smith wide open. That could have been because the rest of the WRs were rookies, Pressure, or it could have been because of our last QB coach(I dont know his name nor want to). Still he regressed in that area.

So folks who still support Moore are hanging their hat on the fact that he scratched out a win against SF? LOL

I think the folks that support Moore look at his total body of work.

game by game.

More good than bad.

I think he is an ideal backup QB. There ain't nothing but future backups that were on the roster last year. Might as well keep the one decent one.

Archived