• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft and FA predictions influenced by today's hirings

Brokenbad

Peterson would be a great selection in my opinion at #1

His ability to be a cover corner as well as return kicks would surely give our team a boost

KR is not a desperate need (or much of one at all tbh, I think Goodson has it) and I worry about causing injury to our #1 by having him back there.

Seems to me that the hirings will definitely affect the draft choices and FA choices to some degree based on the coordinators evaluation of the ir people. However, Hurney is still going to control things and decide who he wants. He implied that the HC would not be as in control as previously. He feels like consistency is better built with a consistent philosophy and consistent drafting rather than changing things every time a new coach is hired. Find the coach with a compatible philosophy to the team's direction rather than changing the philosophy of the team to fit the philosophy of the coach.

Posted in another thread but don't care.

1. Marcedes Lewis, TE--complete player, future Pro Bowler

2. Mike Pollack, G/C--is young and can get better, will start at RG

3. Paul Oliver, S--young, familiar with coach, and could challenge Godfrey for starting spot

4. James Jones or Legadu Naanee, WR--will definitely start for us and both have potential to get better.

5. I've been wanting to go after either Cofield or Mebane or both for at least a few months now at DT

6. Cheap depth at both offensive line and DT

7. Not sure about QB, maybe Shaun Hill

8. Possibly Jonathan Joseph, CB

Lewis and whichever DT we may sign will probably cost the most money.

Oh, and if the Redskins let go of Haynesworth and we haven't signed a DT already, fuq it, sign him.

Pickup Marcedes Lewis- New offense will use and coach TE Much more than Fox (see what he did with Gates in SD)

Draft Peterson- If we can trade down good. If not pick him up with the #1 spot. We need a DT but with a Blitz heavy style D McDermott runs will create pressure regardless. You still need big Physical Corners outside to Jam and prevent the Quick pass. Peterson is one of the Biggest Freaks to come out in a few years as far as speed/size at CB. He would be a Perfect fit at CB for McDermott.

DT in 3rd round- Marvin Austin isn't on some peoples favorites list around here. With his off the field issues he very well could fall to the 3rd. He could be a guy Rivera and McDermott could work with though.

I think we could get Haynesworth for next to nothing as long as we don't have to eat his large contract. We need to take a chance that could pay huge dividends with little downside. If we take Fairly (DT) our def. line would be ready to kick butt. Haynesworth got his feelings hurt in Washington with Shanahan and wants out . He wants a def. that fits his skills and a chance for redemption. I think Rivera has enough people skills to get him motivated.

I think we could get Haynesworth for next to nothing as long as we don't have to eat his large contract. We need to take a chance that could pay huge dividends with little downside. If we take Fairly (DT) our def. line would be ready to kick butt. Haynesworth got his feelings hurt in Washington with Shanahan and wants out . He wants a def. that fits his skills and a chance for redemption. I think Rivera has enough people skills to get him motivated.

then you wait for him to be released........which he will be.

He got his feelings hurt? You really want such a player?

Marcedes Lewis

Paul Soliai

-Trade 1st pick and Chris Gamble to Chargers for 1st round pick, Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie and both of their 2nd round picks.

Good idea....now....how to get the Chargers to trade for DRC so they can trade him to us....and all their picks.

Archived