• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missouri Fans perspective on Gabbert

unicar15

the problem i have w/ the combine and pro days is it doesn't really show what they do in real game situations. it puts them in the most ideal of situations, esp. pro days, where they can't help but look good.

someone could tear it up at the combine but once you get them in the game or in pads they just crumble.

it's a great way to get players overrated on measurables and drills that really don't matter.

Rayzor is on fire in this thread. I agree they will watch game flim more then Combine #. If they put a high grade on combine # we wouldn't have Beason.

This Kids game flim doesn't look too great.

Rayzor is on fire in this thread. I agree they will watch game flim more then Combine #. If they put a high grade on combine # we wouldn't have Beason.

This Kids game flim doesn't look too great.

on fire?? no, sometimes you have to let a kid have their way so they dont get upset

the problem i have w/ the combine and pro days is it doesn't really show what they do in real game situations. it puts them in the most ideal of situations, esp. pro days, where they can't help but look good.

someone could tear it up at the combine but once you get them in the game or in pads they just crumble.

it's a great way to get players overrated on measurables and drills that really don't matter.

I agree with you here, but Gabbert is still a first round talent regardless of what draft he is in.

I'm not sold on him either but i still think he is a first round talent.

well thats one way to admit defeat.

haha

fact of the matter is the kid is 1st round talent, whether it be this year, last year, or next year.

Im not sitting here trying to defend the fact that we need to take him, I just think its worth a long look considering we need a qb to build around and if the FO decides to take him then im cool with it

From what I've seen of Gabbert (mostly Youtube highlights) I haven't been impressed. If we were able to trade down into the 15-20 spot and still grab him, picking up a 1st next year along the way, I wouldn't be too sad about it. My first realistic choice for this draft is Green #1, second is the trade scenario I just mentioned, third is Fairley #1.

Oh, and my kids watch You Gabba Gabba too, heh. This guy has more potential in his name than in his arm.

haha

fact of the matter is the kid is 1st round talent, whether it be this year, last year, or next year.

Im not sitting here trying to defend the fact that we need to take him, I just think its worth a long look considering we need a qb to build around and if the FO decides to take him then im cool with it

So was Adam Morrison how that work out?

There isn't a single player that I feel is worth the #1 overall pick. No matter the pick it's gonna be a bit of a reach.

I've accepted that fact. So regardless whom they pick, I'll just have to hope that the player develops, and has the impact thatthey expect. Qb, wr,dt,de....doesn't matter.

Rayzor is right about this, a great percentage of the players who shoot up the draft board due to their combine numbers and pro day performance struggle to actually play football.

Guys like Matt Jones and Fabian Washington as prime examples....being good at track makes you no more of a football player than being good at putt-putt makes you a golfer.

I'd rather watch the guy play the game and evaluate that.

the thing is, Gabbert hasn't shot up because of his combine etc. He's already very high up. Combine will only solidify if he is a great pick or not, the same way it will do with some of the other top prospects out there right now, like Green, Fairley, etc.

Archived