• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Rosario be our F-Back?

Snake

Henning liked the F-Back when he was in Carolina, Chud liked using the Tight End more when he was in Cleveland. So we probably won't see another Goings-type here, but we'll try and find a Walls.

Not really. The F-back was more of a Norv Turner thing. The H-back was what Henning used and really it was not even that. TEs in Henning system were primarily blockers. Davidson used the H-back with Rosario far more then Henning did with Chris Mangum.

why wouldn't we? he's under contract and he does a good job, esp. for being in there only 2 years. this is a job that takes years to master and he can have a career as long as hoover's easily.

exactly... I would love to have a Gates type TE on this team but hey lets face it in 15 years there have been two great TEs. tony gonzalez and gates and thats it...

Lol at rosario being good enough, and even reliable enough. No thanks.

LOL at you for never having anything reliable to say.

exactly... I would love to have a Gates type TE on this team but hey lets face it in 15 years there have been two great TEs. tony gonzalez and gates and thats it...

There are plenty of other good TEs too that are just a notch lower than those two guys as well I'd love for us to have a consistent TE that can do it all

I think we have to assume that Rivera was serious about finding a TE that can do it all. If you're a Panthers TE, then you're probably thinking that one of the three of you is getting the axe. Rivera is going to make them block a blitzing safety, he is going to make them pick up a linebacker, he is going to put them against a DE like Hardy, he is going to make them sprint, he is going to make them run some complicated routes, and he is going to make them catch some nasty passes.

Are King's hard hands going to get softer? Is Dante going to push up the stack? IS Barnidge going to get another shot to show why he is more likely to do it all than either of the "specialty' TE's?

All remains to be seen. I would be most worried if I were King, since I am the man who was starting most often, before teh talk about shaking down the position.

Rosario is my least favorite choice if Rivera's plan for offensive line adjustments amounts to hoping that Otah comes back healthy and that Wharton can play a whole season. I like Rosario more though if draft an OT or pick one up ion free agency.

Awww, you still but hurt? :rolleyes:

I am most definitely reliable. I don't flip flop like you, and I also don't talk out of my ass like you. But at least you are reliable for that!:D

Fiammetta is a pretty good FB, getting better. He certainly is a better blocker, and much more reliable than Rosario, specially if you are considering putting Rosario at FB.

That is attempting to put a square through a round hole.

do we really need 2 FBs? we still have fiammetta, you know. the dude is an actual FB.

agreed, Fiammetta can be coached up to be very effective for a lot of different purposes on offense.. he has some speed to him and proved last year he can be a legit FB in the NFL.. I wouldn't mind seeing him catch some more passes out of the flats, if needed..

lol at this thread for not having any ass pics in it. You people have no idea what an elite tight end is.

:lol: fo shizzle.. while you're talking about it, get to work. :)

Archived