• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4 TE's

Zod

if king could do more after the catch than fall down, he'd probably stick around.

we'll be fine with shockey, rosario, and barnidge.

i think zod is right that king will probably end up in denver. most likely a lot of the veteran guys that he is comfortable with that don't have jobs in carolina anymore will probably end up in denver.

king has got to be the most under appreciated guy on this team.

Do you really think King would be a starter for ANY of the other teams out there though? I don't hate King, but upgrades at weak positions are what gets us past 2-14. King can go be a glorified tackle in Denver and flop on the ground after a catch over there.

IF they take all four to camp then King surely has a chance. Most years he is the best guy in camp. He seems to get open and runs after the catch. Then in games he looks completely different. Like he is good against our defense and average against everyone else.

I have never understood why Barnidge doesn't get any work. He has the best measurables yet gets few opportunities other than special teams. You would think a special teams beast would make for a one hell of a tight end. Hard to believe he wouldn't be able to catch the ball. Now that we have a guy who knows how to use TDs and train them, several guys could show an improvement.

And the fact that we actually will use the TE on offense directly has an effect on our defense. Now we'll know how to defend one!!! No more 3rd and 8 and Fox calls the play only to go "WTF? That tackle just ran 10 yards and caught the ball?! Better get some more gum..."

Those knocking King's pass-catching ability are misled, I think. The guy has been easily our most consistent receiver at the TE position. He gets open, catches nearly everything thrown his way, and is a great red zone target. No, he doesn't have amazing YAC ability but to say that he is just a great blocker isn't telling the whole story. I think he would do just as well as the others in a more open offensive system, it's just that our offensive system in the past hasn't utilized the TE to receive very often. All that said, I wouldn't be surprised if he hit the road given the potential of Rosario and the fact that Barnidge and now Shockey are under contract.

Archived