• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The un-Official non- Realistic Draft Prospects

Ohio

I think that list is right. Gabbert has no business being discussed as the #1 overall.

It doesn't matter if he should be, or if anyone thinks he belongs there. The fact is that he is being discussed for the #1. Not just by professional sports writers, but also by our front office. So he needs to be on the list, smokescreen or not.

The only person on the "possible prospects" list I want removed is Fairley. Fairley is the only pick that would really piss me off.

Why? His production was better then Dareus, and his performance at the combine was better. Dareus is just bigger, which is why he's being considered.

Why? His production was better then Dareus, and his performance at the combine was better. Dareus is just bigger, which is why he's being considered.

Yes, Dareus is bigger, but he also is stronger and faster (where it counts) than Fairley. And no, Fairley did not have a better combine, that is why he dropped out of top 5 consideration. Fairley had a better 40 time, but DTs rarely run 40 yards. In the 10 yd and 20 yd split, Dareus was faster.

Fairley's combine wasn't even close to as good as Dareus, but that's not why I don't want Fairley. I was saying Dareus over Fairley before the combine. Fairley screams bust. Dareus screams nothing less than the second best DT we would have ever had on the team. Fairley's soft, doesn't get low, and a one trick pony. Dareus can do it all, he can play every DT style position, and he's been doing it for more than one year. The only thing Fairley-enthusiasts can point to is his numbers were better this year, but Dareus was asked to play a position that doesn't lead to numbers. Look at Richard Seymour or any other of the top 3-4 DEs, how do their numbers compare to penetrating DTs? Put Dareus in the middle and he will help any team's D-line 10 times better than Fairley. Fairley can't play the run and can only try to shoot gaps, which he won't be able to do as well in the pros because most of his sacks in college came when the O-line blew the blocking assignments or just weren't quick enough to block him. Pro O-linemen will be quick enough to block him. If I had to pick one top 10 prospect that will bust from this year's draft, it would be Fairley.

I'm not sure if I think Fairley will be a bust. If he stays healthy at the very least IMO he will be a great disruptor in the passing game.

The reason I like Dareus over Fairley is bc he is a more complete DT. He is equally effective against the run and the pass. He has bigger and better shoulders and seems better put together than Fairley who has tiny little shoulders.

Also the rumor is that when he snitched on Marvin Austin (which for the record makes it hard for me to like him :)) to the NCAA he actually did it with class and was upfront and honest.

So Dareus is my guy. Number 3 on my want list.

Hidden

The List Official or Un-Official should include probably 10 players.

(I am listing only the ones I want to discuss)

Fairley was my 1st choice until his stock dropped dramatically.

Green and Peterson are the only ones other than Cam or Gabbert you can't discount.

Bowers has knee issues so I believe he is done

I think Gabbert is gonna be a bust but even if he isn't I think Cam has a higher upside and therefore should be selected before Gabbert.

Green is "Labelled" as a "Can't Miss" but there have been a ton of "Can't Miss" WR and we have 2 young WR we selected last year.

Mallet is good but don't think he is going to light the NFL on fire.

I personally believe it is going to come down to Newton and Peterson.

The only thing I can say to the OP is... Unless you are someone within the organization you shouldn't say Official and Realistic when it is ONLY an opinion.

Yes, Dareus is bigger, but he also is stronger and faster (where it counts) than Fairley. And no, Fairley did not have a better combine, that is why he dropped out of top 5 consideration. Fairley had a better 40 time, but DTs rarely run 40 yards. In the 10 yd and 20 yd split, Dareus was faster.

40 times are relevant, it is one key component of athleticism. He can run down a QB if he gets outta the pocket. And Fairley dropped outta the top 5 because of his "off the field issues" and character issues.

And like I said, Fairley DID have the better combine, lets look at the facts.

Better 40 time, better vertical jump, and a faster 3-cone drill (where it counts as you say).

Fairley's combine wasn't even close to as good as Dareus, but that's not why I don't want Fairley. I was saying Dareus over Fairley before the combine. Fairley screams bust. Dareus screams nothing less than the second best DT we would have ever had on the team. Fairley's soft, doesn't get low, and a one trick pony. Dareus can do it all, he can play every DT style position, and he's been doing it for more than one year. The only thing Fairley-enthusiasts can point to is his numbers were better this year, but Dareus was asked to play a position that doesn't lead to numbers. Look at Richard Seymour or any other of the top 3-4 DEs, how do their numbers compare to penetrating DTs? Put Dareus in the middle and he will help any team's D-line 10 times better than Fairley. Fairley can't play the run and can only try to shoot gaps, which he won't be able to do as well in the pros because most of his sacks in college came when the O-line blew the blocking assignments or just weren't quick enough to block him. Pro O-linemen will be quick enough to block him. If I had to pick one top 10 prospect that will bust from this year's draft, it would be Fairley.

How can you say Fairley is soft and doesn't get low? Do you think his production is a result of not getting low and being soft? That is just not true. Fairleys stats for this year ALONE, are better then the past 2 seasons for Dareus combined. I don't care what you say about what position he played, his 1 year out performed Dareus's 2. Fairley absolutely dominated games against the best competition, Alabama, LSU, and Oregon.

Also Dareus production only increased by 1 sack from the previous year, tackles were the exact same. I want somebody who can increase their production by more then 1 sack.

I'll concede Dareus is the safer pick because he can take up space, but in a tight game, I want Fairleys quickness, speed, and toughness to get to the QB, not just be a blob to hold up blockers.

Archived