• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Cam is a Bust?

Catalyst

Everything about Gabbert screams Ryan to me. Also, Barkley's arm is a freaking rocket.

Matt Ryan

MPC Computers Bowl MVP (2005)

First-team All-ACC selection (2006)

Manning Award (2007)

Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award (2007)

First-team All-America by AFCA (2007)

ACC Player of the Year (2007)

First-team All-ACC selection (2007)

6x ACC Player of the week (2007)

31 TD's his last season at Boston College

Gabbert

AP Hon. Men. All-Big 12 (2009)

1x Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (Sept. 8)

Long Golden Hair

16 TD's his last season at Mizzou

Absolutely nothing about Gabbert screams Matt Ryan unless you know him on a personal level, which I do not, and are referring to them having similar personalities. Maybe they like the same food, date the same type of women, or are both very good at video games, but similarities on the football field other than the position they play are a tough sell.

I hope cam will be a panther, and I hope he has success in the future.

Rep. Most of our fans feel or will end up feeling this way. A few may fight it, but in the end most will follow my lead and embrace Cam as our leader, face, and franchise savior. This is a great time in Panther history.

It's certainly not something that would cripple this franchise for years to come. Luck (among others) will enter the draft either in 12' or 13', and there are always a few veteran QBs available if the price is right.

It's hard to find a franchise QB, but you can still have a good team with an average QB. That's accomplished by spending a lot of money on the defensive side of the ball, and running the ball a lot to burn clock.

Cam doesn't look like a bust to me based on what I've seen of his play in college. The problem is that college level defense is terrible, so doing well in college just means that you can make good throws. The mental side of the game is what really counts in the NFL, and with Cam we simply have no idea if he's capable playing well in the NFL.

If we take Cam we won't take Luck. They won't give up on him after 1-2 years. Newton being a bust wouldn't be a very good thing.

1. Wasted the #1 pick.

2. Could have filled the DT position for 10 plus years.

3. Could have had the next elite WR.

4. Destroyed any possibility of Clausen coming to fruition.

5. Makes the FO look bad

While it wouldn't be eternally damaging I don't think the possibility of him sucking is worth the risk. We have a lot of players that although young, are in a win now mode.

Matt Ryan

MPC Computers Bowl MVP (2005)

First-team All-ACC selection (2006)

Manning Award (2007)

Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award (2007)

First-team All-America by AFCA (2007)

ACC Player of the Year (2007)

First-team All-ACC selection (2007)

6x ACC Player of the week (2007)

31 TD's his last season at Boston College

Gabbert

AP Hon. Men. All-Big 12 (2009)

1x Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (Sept. 8)

Long Golden Hair

16 TD's his last season at Mizzou

Absolutely nothing about Gabbert screams Matt Ryan unless you know him on a personal level, which I do not, and are referring to them having similar personalities. Maybe they like the same food, date the same type of women, or are both very good at video games, but similarities on the football field other than the position they play are a tough sell.

College stats do not matter and that is not what I am referring to at all.

Foot work, arm strength, accuracy, swagger, looking like a qb (it factor), similar situation coming out, etc etc

If he is a bust he will effect us just as much as Eric Sheldon or Jarrett did.

Honestly Otah and AE's success are more important because what they cost our team. We gave up a late first round this year for Edwards so if he becomes a bust that's 2 high picks wasted.

Archived