• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darin Gantt no longer covering Panthers

BountyHunter

This sucks, Gannt is my favorite tweeter.. He busted my balls and I enjoyed busting his it was never a hate thing going on.

..some of my fav tweets between Gannt and me.

Darin Gantt

Swing by the house, I'll sell you an authentic for $250. Has ink, food stains. RT @jasonluckydog I wish you had a Jersey so I could burn it

daringantt Darin Gantt

@

@jasonluckydog I like him better than I like you.

daringantt Darin Gantt

Thanks. Awesome to know I have such support. RT @jasonluckydog I love Gantt, i would even piss on him if he was on fire.

daringantt Darin Gantt

reply of the day, on Panthers run game. RT @jasonluckydog Double Trouble is a term we use now when grandpa has an accident.

I have nothing to bust his balls about on Winthrop.

sad.

John Fox was so full of platitudes that getting substantive information out of him is basically a wild goose chase.

The outcome was usually one of two things, a frustrated reporter who tried to ask rhetorical questions, insinuate an inside joke, engage in spin, or other tomfoolery with Fox would be unceremoniously blacklisted/ignored. The other choice was to take the time to check what was intended to written with Fox, and be subtly rewarded.

Don't know if Fox's stonewalling was personal or part of a Panther's culture and public strategy raining down from Richardson. We will see what Rivera has to say to random media schmucks.

I hope Darin's employer understands that just because Fox is gone, that doesn't mean that the Panthers organization is going to be open with a newbie reporter. Hopefully, Darin will still be around when the observer figures out that the trust Darin built with the Panthers is how he was able to do what others could not.

I wonder what percentage of the "breaking news" on the Panthers came from Darin himself. I can only guess...50%?

Damn. Gonna miss having the objective point of view when it comes to Panthers. He always said he wasn't a fan of the Panthers and just reported on them, which made me trust what he said more.

So many beat writers are huge homers and will never be honest about their respective teams.

...wonder how many twitter followers he loses today

His boss probably noticed how much time he wasted being a smartass on twitter instead of writing interesting things for their paper.

I liked his effort, just seems it was a bit misplaced. It's got to suck doing all that work (like it or not) and then get re-assigned just before the draft.

Archived