• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

-Game of Thrones-HBO-

Kurb

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I would think they would want to land somewhere where they could do it unopposed, gather their forces, and then march on Kings Landing.  And they have ships full of Dothraki.  Might want to give them a couple of days ashore before going to war.  Its not an easy thing to go from seasick to combat.

Smartest bet would be to either land at Dragonstone and use it as a base, or land at Rainhouse like FAegon and sweep up through the Stormlands. But war strategy kinda goes out the window when you're dealing with dragons. She really could just land at Dragonstone, get some rest for her men, and take off the next day and fire breath everybody.

Cersei would actually have relatively few men at her disposal. About 2,000 city watchmen in King's Landing, and then the forces of whatever Crownlanders decide to stay loyal. It's a fair bet that some of the Crownlanders will be Targaryen loyalists, though. Particularly Celtigar and Velaryon who came over with the Targaryens originally and share valyrian blood.

The Reach alone has about 100,000 men, Dorne has about 20,000. The North is out of the war and the Vale probably as well. Really it's every-fuging-body vs. the Westerlands (about 60,000 men). It should be a fast and easy war for Dany with how it's set up.

9 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Smartest bet would be to either land at Dragonstone and use it as a base, or land at Rainhouse like FAegon and sweep up through the Stormlands. But war strategy kinda goes out the window when you're dealing with dragons. She really could just land at Dragonstone, get some rest for her men, and take off the next day and fire breath everybody.

This time though with Dorne and Tyrells behind her, it makes sense to go through that land since that is where the supplies that will feed the army will be from, imo. 

51 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Cersei would actually have relatively few men at her disposal. About 2,000 city watchmen in King's Landing, and then the forces of whatever Crownlanders decide to stay loyal. It's a fair bet that some of the Crownlanders will be Targaryen loyalists, though. Particularly Celtigar and Velaryon who came over with the Targaryens originally and share valyrian blood.

The Reach alone has about 100,000 men, Dorne has about 20,000. The North is out of the war and the Vale probably as well. Really it's every-fuging-body vs. the Westerlands (about 60,000 men). It should be a fast and easy war for Dany with how it's set up.

Plus the 8000 or so Jamie brings back with him from the siege of Riverrun, plus the Iron Island forces under Euron should they decide to throw in against Asha and Theon. They could also get some troops from the Twins assuming the remaining Freys would be willing, and Edmure doesn't somehow end up in charge.   The Vale at this point is a unknown.  Unlikely to go with Cersei, yet you can never tell with LittleFinger. 

Normally I would say that the defenders have a advantage and can afford to be outnumbered, but Dragons do change that equation.  I do wonder if perhaps the writers will try to come up with a way to temporarily subdue the dragons in order to make it a more even fight.    

31 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Normally I would say that the defenders have a advantage and can afford to be outnumbered, but Dragons do change that equation.  I do wonder if perhaps the writers will try to come up with a way to temporarily subdue the dragons in order to make it a more even fight.    

I know we can't apply reason to TV shows but I realistically was thinking about the Dragons at the end of the episode.  How long of a voyage do you think they have?  Can the Dragons just maintain flight for months over the ocean?  Can they swim?  Do they float on there backs and sleep?

Dragons have always seemed like a total BS cheat code if Dany crossed the sea.  Basically how is anything going to be a fight?  Cersei?  Snow? 3 Dragons should be able to handle them easily.  Winter coming?  Dragons basically can handle all that outside of the few White Walkers.  Total cheat code IMO. 

So I think the Dragons have to be nerfed.  Maybe the cold up North takes them out of play later?  Do they all survive the ocean voyage?  Would be weak and lame though.  I mean they are Dragons but at the same time they are reptiles but clearly have mortal weaknesses.

27 minutes ago, CRA said:

I know we can't apply reason to TV shows but I realistically was thinking about the Dragons at the end of the episode.  How long of a voyage do you think they have?  Can the Dragons just maintain flight for months over the ocean?  Can they swim?  Do they float on there backs and sleep?

Dragons have always seemed like a total BS cheat code if Dany crossed the sea.  Basically how is anything going to be a fight?  Cersei?  Snow? 3 Dragons should be able to handle them easily.  Winter coming?  Dragons basically can handle all that outside of the few White Walkers.  Total cheat code IMO. 

So I think the Dragons have to be nerfed.  Maybe the cold up North takes them out of play later?  Do they all survive the ocean voyage?  Would be weak and lame though.  I mean they are Dragons but at the same time they are reptiles but clearly have mortal weaknesses.

I was thinking the same thing that night, and wondering if one of the boats can double as an Aircraft Carrier.  :)

Seriously, if they are like middle ages mariners, then they tend to stay close to land for as much of the trip as possible.  And they could for a significant portion of the trip.

15 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I was thinking the same thing that night, and wondering if one of the boats can double as an Aircraft Carrier.  :)

Seriously, if they are like middle ages mariners, then they tend to stay close to land for as much of the trip as possible.  And they could for a significant portion of the trip.

My thoughts as well.  

Those dudes may not be able to stay away from the horses on board if they start getting hungry.

13 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Well they got him over from Valyria back in the day so I assume they can now.  I don't think it takes months the way they act to go across either.  I would assume they came up with somewhere for them to land though and I think I remember reading back in the day they could dive in to grab fish to eat (whatever is in the ocean in that world lol). 

Any of you think we'll see more flashbacks next year? Possibly more of the mad king and how his army was destroyed? Also, it would be cool to see rhaegar give lyanna that flower and show them falling in love and all the stuff up to the tower of joy.  The back story for these books is fascinating 

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

My thoughts as well.  

Those dudes may not be able to stay away from the horses on board if they start getting hungry.

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Dragons have always seemed like a total BS cheat code if Dany crossed the sea.  Basically how is anything

It's called the Narrow Sea for a reason. It's about as wide as the Wall is long, it doesn't take more than maybe two weeks to sail from Pentos to King's Landing. Remember how quickly Arya arrived at Braavos?

Obviously traveling from Meereen would take longer, but just hug the coast a bit and you could stock up at Lys before you cross. There's also the Stepstones which are islands to hop from between continents, one of which a Velaryon bastard who happens to share blood with Dany has taken over to be a pirate prince.

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

Any of you think we'll see more flashbacks next year? Possibly more of the mad king and how his army was destroyed? Also, it would be cool to see rhaegar give lyanna that flower and show them falling in love and all the stuff up to the tower of joy.  The back story for these books is fascinating 

I personally think the White Walker wont be easy to get rid of.  Yeah, there are a couple swords out there and dragon glass but I also don't feel confident they will all be destroyed but maybe they have to cage them up again somehow...as my ultimately theory is everything to some degree will reset 

so I think Bran flashes back and finds out more about when the Wall was built and everyone and thing that went into it.  I don't feel Bran is done showing how he has impacted the past yet.  Another hint IMO last night when young Ned could briefly sense Bran.  I think Bran grows sharpens that skill.  Not that he changes things but basically does his role in the past that made things how they are (like Hodor)...

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

I personally think the White Walker wont be easy to get rid of.  Yeah, there are a couple swords out there and dragon glass but I also don't feel confident they will all be destroyed but maybe they have to cage them up again somehow...as my ultimately theory is everything to some degree will reset 

so I think Bran flashes back and finds out more about when the Wall was built and everyone and thing that went into it.  I don't feel Bran is done showing how he has impacted the past yet.  Another hint IMO last night when young Ned could briefly sense Bran.  I think Bran grows sharpens that skill.  Not that he changes things but basically does his role in the past that made things how they are (like Hodor)...

I am wondering if Bran will accidently do something to the wall which allows the night king to pass

It's another 10 months of speculation unfortunately :/.  

Do the houses rally and fight the WW?

Is it bloodshed and we will see a lone victor (still Jaime I think, since he's had such an amazing arc).

Tyrion is being rooted for but you know how this show gets,

And you know how they stray, the narrow sea is much less narrow on here.  The dragons will make it in a day's time.

11 hours ago, Moorgan said:

Great season finale. As several have mentioned, the music stood out to me. Confirmation of R+L=J was satisfying. So was Arya kill spree (rat in the castle made to eat his children came to mind). Wasn't expecting Tommen or Cersei's Shame moment. Very nice. No offense to the actress but Lianne should've been hotter if she was the one that was so beautiful that Rhaegor and Robert were overcome by her to essentially go to war. She had black hair which explains Jon's hair. Great episode.

The actress that played lyanna is actually hot as poo

Archived