• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Green not concerned about his draft status

teeray

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/04/19/2235903/green-not-concerned-about-his.html

Not in my top 3 but just another guy I won't cry over if we get him on the 28th

A.J. Green won't last long on the NFL's selection board April 28, when he's certain to be among the first five players taken as the league begins its three-day draft marathon. It's what will follow during the next days (or weeks or months) that has Green feeling a little impatient.

Get "the lockout out of the way," Green said of getting his NFL career started. "There is a small window of opportunity and you have to capitalize on it."

Green is the consensus top receiver available in the draft. A 6-foot-4, 211-pounder with great hands and the ability to get open downfield, he's considered a can't-miss pro in the mold of Detroit's Calvin Johnson.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/04/19/2235903/green-not-concerned-about-his.html#ixzz1K29iDKrU

I'd be happy with Green #1 if we had someone to throw him the ball, but we don't, and I don't see how that's going to change if we don't draft a QB.

Hell, maybe I should look at this longer term, but WRs tend to run short of patience (Steve Smith apparently being the exception).

I'd be happy with Green #1 if we had someone to throw him the ball, but we don't, and I don't see how that's going to change if we don't draft a QB.

Hell, maybe I should look at this longer term, but WRs tend to run short of patience (Steve Smith apparently being the exception).

I don't see how that's going to change if we draft a QB that turns out worse than Clausen..

always a possibility..

If we pick Green it will be the dumbest move Hurney has made as of yet. WR are not worth a top 15 selection IMO. None that includes both Johnsons and Fitzgerald (other then that one SB run have the Cards amounted to anything and that was with Warner as QB). To me WR's and RB's can be found all over the draft and FA. Look at the success the Pats have had shopping in the cellar for WR talent.

That goes for Jones as well. I would be fine with MD or Newton if we stay at #1 but otherwise there is no one to me that is worth a top 5 pick (maybe pp7 but I believe we are pretty solid at CB not to mention he is not as good as people are making him out to be). All in all this draft just sucks at the top.

If we pick Green it will be the dumbest move Hurney has made as of yet. WR are not worth a top 15 selection IMO. None that includes both Johnsons and Fitzgerald (other then that one SB run have the Cards amounted to anything and that was with Warner as QB). To me WR's and RB's can be found all over the draft and FA. Look at the success the Pats have had shopping in the cellar for WR talent.

That goes for Jones as well. I would be fine with MD or Newton if we stay at #1 but otherwise there is no one to me that is worth a top 5 pick (maybe pp7 but I believe we are pretty solid at CB not to mention he is not as good as people are making him out to be). All in all this draft just sucks at the top.

So Megatron, Andre Johnson and Fitz weren't worth top 15 selections......okay buddy keep telling yourself that....

As for A.J. Green, I would be beyond excited if he was the pick. I want PP7 more then anybody else in the draft but if the pick was Green I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...the guy is going to be a stud in the NFL....

LOL at all the people bitching about too many Cam Newton threads not even trying to post here. Where is Madhatter??? I guess they are just trolling Newton threads in order to bitch about Newton threads. :rofl:

This guy is a serious possibility as our #1 pick.

Archived