• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

dareus refuses to be derailed

Points given up: 37, 34, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 27, 24, 23, 20, 20, 20, 20, 16, & 12

So, what exactly is your definition of fine? Oh, the 12 points was against a ROOKIE QB with a struggling offense too. So, we held one team...really, to fewer than 20 points and gave up more than 4 TDs SEVEN times.

Great example of using numbers to paint a picture that is far from the truth. Any of us who watch every game last year knows the offense was horrific and the defense was..... Average.

The defense was not great, and not horrible... just middle of the road, mediocre, average unit. What you missing in that stat is how many three and outs the offense had time after time after time... turnovers, horrible field position for the defense, extended minutes on the field with little rest. Even with all of that, the defense still finished close to the middle of the pack statistically...

Now the offense was the worst in the NFL this season, and put up some numbers that were worst of teams in years.

I'm on the fence about who to draft... but let us be a little more objective. We all know the offense was horrible, some people are hoping a believing our QB's will improve and better coaching will help improve the offense; therefore, we can afford to draft defense. I may not agree, but that is a valid argument. But don't paint a picture our defense was close to as bad as the offense last year.

Great example of using numbers to paint a picture that is far from the truth. Any of us who watch every game last year knows the offense was horrific and the defense was..... Average.

The defense was not great, and not horrible... just middle of the road, mediocre, average unit. What you missing in that stat is how many three and outs the offense had time after time after time... turnovers, horrible field position for the defense, extended minutes on the field with little rest. Even with all of that, the defense still finished close to the middle of the pack statistically...

Now the offense was the worst in the NFL this season, and put up some numbers that were worst of teams in years.

I'm on the fence about who to draft... but let us be a little more objective. We all know the offense was horrible, some people are hoping a believing our QB's will improve and better coaching will help improve the offense; therefore, we can afford to draft defense. I may not agree, but that is a valid argument. But don't paint a picture our defense was close to as bad as the offense last year.

Rep for accepting others have different points of view. Haven't seen much of that lately.

Really? Linebackers aside, you are completely comfortable with our defense? Our defense needs almost as much work as the offense.

I'm not sure how many games you saw last year, but the defense didn't look too great.

Defense suffered from being on the field entirely too long, the offense rarely sustained any drives, and that can wear a defense down. Today's NFL is garnered to the QB and offense, and unless you're the 85' bears you're not gonna win many games in the NFL avg 12.2 points a game. The Panther's need a playmaker at QB if they want to have long term success in this league.

Rivera can coach up a defense. Look at what he did with the Chargers. Hell they even traded away Cromartie and still somehow managed to be the #1 ranked D in the NFL. Again, I would love to have Dareus on the Panthers and if thats the pick then so be it. I simply think we have a much greater need and a similiar talent can be found in the 3rd round.

It doesn't matter how many sacks Dareus gets or how many third down conversions he stops, if our offense is unable to convert on third down much like last year, he'll hit a rookie wall in week 7 from spending so much time on the field. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense and just because we've missed on QB's in the past doesn't mean we should stop trying to find one. Some people are acting like Dareus is the Andrew Luck of the defensive side of the ball. He's good but I feel like DT would be alot easier to address in free agency than the QB position.

It doesn't matter how many sacks Dareus gets or how many third down conversions he stops, if our offense is unable to convert on third down much like last year, he'll hit a rookie wall in week 7 from spending so much time on the field. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense and just because we've missed on QB's in the past doesn't mean we should stop trying to find one. Some people are acting like Dareus is the Andrew Luck of the defensive side of the ball. He's good but I feel like DT would be alot easier to address in free agency than the QB position.

Sorry, but you got your cliches mixed up. It's 'somtimes the best offense is a good defense'. It's not the other way around. Ask Peyton Manning when it comes crunch time in the playoffs...always makes the dance but only has taken the prize home once and even that time was luck.

Sorry, but you got your cliches mixed up. It's 'somtimes the best offense is a good defense'. It's not the other way around. Ask Peyton Manning when it comes crunch time in the playoffs...always makes the dance but only has taken the prize home once and even that time was luck.

Ok, this post deserves this...

Archived