• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who should we take at #98?

Stumpy

I was liking Stocker at the beginning of the draft season, but since the combine I've been leaning more toward Julius Thomas. I had heard nothing of him prior to that.

I was thinking on the drive home just now my money is on trading down from our 4th round pick and picking up an extra 5th or 6th and then taking Chekwa, Henery, Julius Thomas or Jordan Cameron with our 4th (and one of the others with the 5th). A solid OG would be a good pick too.

I was hoping John Moffitt would somehow be available, but Seattle snatched him up so I'm hopping on the Julius Thomas Bandwagon. Rivera saw Antonio Gates ability firsthand so I think that a athletic TE with a basketball background will intrigue him.

No WRs with the next pick, we already have three 2nd year WRs. If Smith leaves and the front office want to replace him, they will sign a veteran WR when FA finally gets underway. Whenever that is anyway.

I wouldn't surprised if they drafted one in the 7th, though. I also expect a kicker.

I wouldn't mind Boling. Plug him in at RG or let him backup a vet for a bit. TEs will be there in the 5th so we can grab one there.

I wouldn't mind seeing

Gross Wharton Khalil Boling Otah

Blocking for J-Stew, D-Will (hopefully), and Cam.

But CB if they think one is there worth the pick (I don't think there is personally.)

I really like Stocker, but I just don't know if we can pass on Boling. He could step in and start for us day 1 at RG. And, if the Cheetos bug bites Otah again, he can slide out to tackle and throw Mack in at guard.

Corner is probably the biggest need right now, but I just don't like any of the guys sitting there right now.

I think House looks pretty good for CB. He's 6' and we like big corners. Had 11 picks at New Mexico St for 320 return yards. 46 pass deflections. Ran a 4.4 40. Not afraid to go in for a big hit. We met with him too. Hoping he's the first pick tomorrow.

I really like Stocker, but I just don't know if we can pass on Boling. He could step in and start for us day 1 at RG. And, if the Cheetos bug bites Otah again, he can slide out to tackle and throw Mack in at guard.

Corner is probably the biggest need right now, but I just don't like any of the guys sitting there right now.

I agree with this 100% (well, maybe minus the Stocker part). The further we go down the draft, the less importance we should place on positions and the more we should care about talent alone. Boling may very well be the best player remaining. The cherry on top is that he does in fact play for a need - guard. The FO should be running to the podium tomorrow imo. This way of thinking is exactly how we got Kalil, even when we had bigger needs. It's a good method.

Archived