• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grade the Panthers draft

Car123

B- a lot of good picks, a few reaches, but with no FA yet, a lot of teams reached. and the only pick I hate is Zach Williams from Washington. Really wish we drafted a TE at some point, but I'm overall happy.

Hurney didn't trade away any of next year's picks, so we have a pick in every round next year. (And I have a feeling we are going to need them) JR must have told Hurney not to touch those picks, probably because Hurney will be gone next year and there is no need to mess things up for the next guy.

:thumbsup:

Solid B right now....it's kind of boom or bust just like our new QB though. If guys like McClain, Fua, Hogan and Pilares pan out it could be an A+ in a few years....if they don't it could be a D or worse....

Grade: B-

- Addressed all needs besides TE.

- Loved the Pilares, Hogan & Fua picks.

- Newton will either be the most dynamic QB ever or the biggest bust ever. I pray its the first option.

- Confused by the Zach Williams pick but Im not an NFL scout so....

- Liked the McClain, Ziemba & Wilson picks.

C+. We addressed all our needs, at least from my perspective. I would have like the players and rounds to be different, but like the OP said, this whole draft will be predicated on Newton's success or failure Everything else will be marginalized.

Archived