• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hogan, McClain, and the Defense

From what I understand they believe both Hogan and McClain are good enough to be above average starters in the NFL. Looks like McClain will be given a starting nod unless he bombs in training camp and Hogan will be given a year to develop and full recover from his knee injury. With that being said is the following a Super Browl:

DE: Johnson

DT: McClain

DT: Cofield

DE: Hardy

Brown, Landri, and Fua rotating in.

SLB: Anderson

MLB: Beason

WLB: Davis

Connor can come in on 3-4 schemes. Also look for us to add a FA and Norwood on the outside.

CB: Fill in

SS: Godfrey

FS: Martin

Nickel: Munnerlyn

CB: Gamble

Pugh and Hogan will also get time in the secondary.

If everyone develops under both Rivera and McDermott, do you think that defense is capable of a deep playoff run?

That's not a super bowl defense, but it is a defense that won't lose games. I would still be worried about the D-line, and to tell you the truth I am still not sold on our safeties.

But, like Mad Hatter said, our team will only go as far as our offense will let it.

Young but talented Defense I trust our defensive minded coaches to max out there potential how soon though we'll just have to wait an see.

Hardy and Beason I expect to have monster seasons though just putting that out there...

I think we will be fine in the secondary if Marshall comes back. If not we will still need a free agent signing. DT might be alright with a pickup or two and a healthy rotation. We need someone to step up at DE other than Johnson. Hopefully Hardy is up for the challenge. Isn't Brayton still under contract for this year? I wonder what's going to happen with him. He never seemed to recover after his injury last year. He had a monster Pre-season before he messed himself up

My guys to watch for this year from last year are Pugh and Hardy...this year, Hogan & McClain

Additionally this will be the last year I give Everette a chance to do something before I give up on him

Add one more defensive stud at CB and I say we have enough talent for Rivera to turn us into a top-5 D.

Archived