• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First time I ever used a coupon at a restaurant

SCP

So I took my wife to dinner tonight up at Mortons off of W. Trade in the beautiful uptown of Charlotte. I went on their website today to confirm resrevation times and I saw this Mortons Three Course Dinner Special. For $109 you get two salads, two fillet's, choice of a seafood (I had the crab cake and wife had the shrimp alexander), two veggies, and desert. I never use coupons or take advantage of these specials because, to be honest, I find it a little embarrassing. Flame me if you want, but I'm not a coupon guy. Well, I popped my cherry tonight and used the coupon and to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Nobody laughed but I was extra careful on how I presented the coupon.

So do you guys break out the coupons at dinner very often?

By the way, I had the Sierra Nevada "Torpedo" IPA and it is delish at 7.2% alchohol. Also, I believe Charles Godfrey was at the table next to me but I don't jock sniff DBs so I can't confirm.

So I took my wife to dinner tonight up at Mortons off of W. Trade in the beautiful uptown of Charlotte. I went on their website today to confirm resrevation times and I saw this Mortons Three Course Dinner Special. For $109 you get two salads, two fillet's, choice of a seafood (I had the crab cake and wife had the shrimp alexander), two veggies, and desert.

Holy God, I need a better job.

I rarely if ever use them, I know how it felt back in the day to know that you weren't going to get a good tip for the amount of work provided.

If you use coupons from restaurant.com, a 25% gratuity (of the nondiscounted total) is automatically added.

I'm not about screwing over a server. But I am about getting a $80 tab down to as little as possible.

But my wife is me to the 425345234th power. She'll go shopping and get 8 pairs of shoes, 4 purses, 5 formal dresses, some jackets, make-up and groceries for a month and only spend about $12. She is the epitome of bargain shopping.

Of course use them. They send them out to drum up business. They know a coupon will entice a customer to come to their establishment when given a choice. Just tip as if you never had the coupon.

Archived