• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My wife watches House Hunters. It only reminds me why Americans are always in debt.

Brokenbad

my house was under 300k which was 3200 sq ft. and was 5 years old at the time. It depends on what area you live in. Not all of us are in Cali.

I know it, prices here are insanely inflated. $300k for a 50yr house close to the beach so I can float around in the raw sewage and medical waste.. No thks

Damn us brokers for doing our job. That is why we are hired. If a broker doesn't point out objections (and benefits) what are we getting paid our commission for??

I am a broker, and I don't point out objections to clients for a reason, they may not be an objection.

Female brokers especially will mention how ugly the color of carpet is, how the hardwoods are not a pretty brown, how the granite is not popular......all the while the buyers could like all of the poo.

We get paid to be a professional and facilitate a sale, not be interior decorators.

when watching that show I always think......

Man, I wish I had a long lost uncle who lived up north....that would leave me a home I could sell.

Cost of living is crazy up north. A 2000 sq ft home goes for around 500,000 in some parts of the country.

I am a broker, and I don't point out objections to clients for a reason, they may not be an objection.

Female brokers especially will mention how ugly the color of carpet is, how the hardwoods are not a pretty brown, how the granite is not popular......all the while the buyers could like all of the poo.

We get paid to be a professional and facilitate a sale, not be interior decorators.

If you are talking about aesthetic objections than I do agree with you. From the way you worded your other post I thought you might be an investor or rehabber.

Jesus-my-bad.jpg

If you are talking about aesthetic objections than I do agree with you. From the way you worded your other post I thought you might be an investor or rehabber.

Jesus-my-bad.jpg

No problem.

Personal objections...shut the F up.

Problems with the home...make them known right away.

I just see so many brokers tell folks that the neighborhood is just "so so" or it's not the best neighborhood when that may be all the client can afford. That's just not being a good sales person.

Every time I watch this show with her, there is always some jerk buying a house beyond his needs.

Today, a man wasn't approved for $350,000 and had to settle for $320,000.

After he learned this information, he said "What? I don't want to live in a dump"

On a different episode, these two supersnobs wanted to buy a several million dollar house so that they could use it when they went of their yearly vacation. They were also willing to pay thousands a month extra for insurance and fees etc.

A different episode had a couple with three children looking for a house. The rooms were tiny as hell, and them mans words were "I guess we could stick (his 3 yr old son) in there. What happens when he gets older ya dumbass?

The thing that really gets me is that the people looking at the houses always complain about every one of them that they look at, and then they always pick one of them! If I was spending $350,000 it better be damn well customed to my exact liking.I just really hate this show and it reminds me of why this country has so many financial problems.

it's all relative with home prices, those who can afford the more expensive homes also have greater needs and more discriminating tastes as the price gets higher. 350,000 would net you a shack in some places. In NYC they have parking spaces that go for 6 figures.

No problem.

Personal objections...shut the F up.

Problems with the home...make them known right away.

I just see so many brokers tell folks that the neighborhood is just "so so" or it's not the best neighborhood when that may be all the client can afford. That's just not being a good sales person.

Really? You don't think the broker should let a person know they are buying into a foreclosure neighborhood? You aren't completely a sales person, you're being paid for the knowledge you have of foreclosures, negotiating, things like that. You work FOR your clients. You should let your clients know what you know, that's called experience. And a lot of times, you are obligated to tell them certain things.

You sound more like a car salesman, no offense.

I really don't want to hear opinions from my realtor. If I have any common sense at all I would have already done my own research on the neighborhood, schools, etc etc.

& I don't care for your thoughts about the decor of the house either, are you going to be living with me? No your not, so shut the F*ck up, maybe I will repaint everything black and put in green shag carpet, I don't care what you like asshole.

What I do want to know about is the sh*t your legally suppose to disclose to me, & any specific questions I have about the house in general.

And stop trying to oversell me on a place jesus f*ck your not selling me a TV, you think your repeated comments on how big the backyard is for kids is going to sway me to fork over several hundred K.

Wish you were in Nor-Cal I need a good realtor

Easy credit came around in the 80's and allowed us to create a new consumer lifestyle. Basically, we've been trained (forced, to a degree) to accept debt as a part of life. Spending borrowed money to buy fancy poo is what got a lot of people in the mess.

Really? You don't think the broker should let a person know they are buying into a foreclosure neighborhood? You aren't completely a sales person, you're being paid for the knowledge you have of foreclosures, negotiating, things like that. You work FOR your clients. You should let your clients know what you know, that's called experience. And a lot of times, you are obligated to tell them certain things.

You sound more like a car salesman, no offense.

What is a forclosure neighborhood?

Clients come in, they tell me what they can spend, and in what area of town they want to stay in. I take them there, show them the homes in their price range, and supply all information on the school, sqft, build quality, etc.

It's not my place to tell you how ugly the fireplace is, or that having formica countertops sucks, or how hideous the orange carpet is. That is up to the clients, not the broker.

Trust me I know real estate law, and what I am obligated to tell my clients.

I really don't want to hear opinions from my realtor. If I have any common sense at all I would have already done my own research on the neighborhood, schools, etc etc.

& I don't care for your thoughts about the decor of the house either, are you going to be living with me? No your not, so shut the F*ck up, maybe I will repaint everything black and put in green shag carpet, I don't care what you like asshole.

What I do want to know about is the sh*t your legally suppose to disclose to me, & any specific questions I have about the house in general.

And stop trying to oversell me on a place jesus f*ck your not selling me a TV, you think your repeated comments on how big the backyard is for kids is going to sway me to fork over several hundred K.

Wish you were in Nor-Cal I need a good realtor

Thanks. I have never had a bad relationship with a client yet...been doing it for 8 years now.

You should tell your clients if they are buying into a foreclosure neighborhood, one where there was/is numerous "foreclosures" and the value of the homes will keep going down for some time, and in some cases, hardly ever go up. You know the type I speak of. At least in Charlotte, there are a ton of places like that. Of course, some people won't care about that, maybe because like you said, they can't afford any better, but they should at least know what they are getting into. After all, they are not the ones with a MLS login that can run comps and check out the neighborhood. I suppose if you're just trying to make bank it would not be advantageous to tell them though.

Archived