• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

does Terrelle Pryor as a back-up for Cam Newton make sense?

rayzor

I think would jump at the idea of drafting pryor in the fifth. The guy could have went 1-2 if not for the drama this season. Anyone saying we have to many qb should really question how many proven qb's we have. Pike is exspendable and we've all seen jimmy in action. While drafting qbs year in year out is not the way to go, someone with pryor's skillset and value could be one of the cases worth taking a chance on.

He can play a number of positions and his trade value could skyrocket. This situation could playout very much like the on in jacksonville a while back. while it would seem that byron leftwich was drafted to be the franchise qb, little known david garrard ended up with top billing.

Lets be honest, no fifth rounder or later will have the kind of value pryor does even if he never takes a snap. On a pure trade value scale, i think its a great move. who's to say the kid can't play?

And to the guy that said he's a thug because he signed some mini footballs get real. What's the deal with black athletes getting this thug label for little to nothing.

Lets see he knowingly violated a great deal of NCAA rules, took handouts not a thug but definitely a person of low integrity.

Just get Troy Smith if you are concerned about how much we'd have to change our gameplan if Newton goes down.

I was thinking the same thing i seen an analyst said he is a good leader who just fell victim to circumstances in Baltimore.

I was thinking the same thing i seen an analyst said he is a good leader who just fell victim to circumstances in Baltimore.

who do analysts work for and, more importantly, who do they not work for?

also you saw an analyst, you didn't seen him.

Lets see he knowingly violated a great deal of NCAA rules, took handouts not a thug but definitely a person of low integrity.

yes because the NCAA has pryors best intrest in mind. How many countless others have done this in history? Yes giving some one a free ride seems like a great deal. worth about 67,800 dollars,but when your making millions of the kid and his jersey it seems you short changed him in my eyes. To say he doesn't have the right to make some money off his own signature which they claim they own sounds stupid to me.

Pryor did what i believe any person who had nothing would do if offered 1000$ for his signature would do.

Archived