• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pryor a better pick than Newton? (FanNation article)

Brokenbad

Who writes this poo anyway?

Sounds like a ten year old fan (or Sam Mills Fan, maybe even AKPanther fan) made a comparison and published it on this site:

Would a team like the Raiders, or 49ers, make a play for Terrelle Pryor? The debate over what position Pryor will play isn't a debate at all. Quarterback? Wide receiver? Maybe even an Antonio Gates-type tight end? Doesn't matter. You worry about that later. ... The truth is, Pryor, at 6-foot-6 and 240 pounds, has considerably more experience as a college quarterback than Cam Newton, with a 31-4 record and MVP awards in BCS wins in the Rose and Sugar bowls. He's a faster runner than Newton and has comparable arm strength. Former Ohio State assistant Doug Plank said Pryor was the fastest player on the Ohio State roster, which included Chimdi Chekwa, the fleet corner the Raiders drafted in the fourth round.

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/289830-pryor-a-better-pick-than-newton?xid=cnnbin&hpt=hp_bn10#ixzz1PFTlRgG0

wtf? gtfo? oforrlz? omg? lol.

one thing that has dogged pryor his entire tenure at OSU was his immaturity, how he pissed off his teammates, acted entitled, and his lack of work ethic.

He is one of those great athlete QBs that won't transition well to the NFL due to a lack of effort and overall drive to be great. He thinks he's entitled (I mean just look at the allegations of all the poo he's done that's against the NCAA and what not) and I see him busting hard at the next level.

Newton has shown that he will actually work his ass off to get what he wants. Pryor would rather trade a favor for free tattoos.

I was not a huge Newton fan before the draft, but god dammit, I am now. I'd rather draft Cam 10 times before we even considered Pryor once.

Pryor is a punk. Do not want

So Pryor played in the big 10 and during his three years showed little progress from year to year in the same system. Newton plays one year in a new system and puts up better numbers against SEC competition and he is less of a prospect.

Pryor isn't even projected as a quarterback in the NFL right now and has legitimately serious character issues while Newton, at least by early returns, has addressed those concerns.

I do agree that Oakland needs to snap him up. With Russell gone, Oakland needs another quarterback with huge work ethic concerns to deflect all the attention from Al Davis and other team issues.

You can bring up the records if you want, but Cam went undefeated in tougher conference with a worse supporting cast. Pryor constantly came up small in big games, while Cam did the opposite.

Cam is also a far superior quarterback prospect which is obvious if you watched games the two played. But I don't think the people that write these articles do things like that. If someone wants to try and use him as a for his physical gifts, they should do it, but he has never impressed as a quarterback.

This one is easy. Pryor is "exactly" what newton haters were afraid of. He is a great athlete playing the position of quarterback. Pryor is a basketball player playing football. That doesn't mean he can't become a good quarterback with time,but he is the definition of project. While his attitude and self entitlement flaws could ruin his chance, i think if your in need of a quarterback arizona,buffalo,miami,and seattle he is worth a 5th round pick.

In the 5th round not much is exspected out of you and you could end up being cut anyway, so why not blow it on a guy with first round talent. He was one of the most gifted athletes in college football so why not take a late round chance on him?

Archived