• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

newton still working w/ weinke and has about 90% of paybook down...

rayzor

I do remember a highlight where the commentator went "wow I can't believe he made that throw flat footed". It was something like that.

I saw him make throws 30-40 yards down field leaning backwards on his back foot.

Not pretty and not mechanically correct, for sure, but amazing nonetheless.

Great point.

Paul Johnson, national champion head coach at Georgia Southern, successful coach at both Navy and Georgia Tech, never played a down of college or NFL ball.

David Cutcliffe, national champion offensive coordinator at Tennessee, successful head coach at Ole Miss, and current head coach at Duke, never played a down of college or NFL ball.

George O'Leary, successful head coach at Georgia Tech and Central Florida, never played a down of college or NFL ball.

Bobby Hauck, successful head coach at Montana and current head coach at UNLV, never played a down of college or NFL ball.

Bill Belichick never played a down in the NFL.

Todd Haley, current head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs (who made the playoffs last year after many years absence) never played a down of college or NFL ball.

Mike Leach, former very successful head coach of the Texas Tech Red Raiders, never played a down of college or NFL ball.

Charlie Weis, former successful offensive coordinator for the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots, former coach of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and current offensive coordinator for the Florida Gators, never played a down of college or NFL ball.

Chip Kelly, very successful head coach of the Oregon Ducks (who played in the BCS Championship Game last year) never played a down of college or NFL ball.

Those are the ones I could find in 10 minutes of internet research.

Also, wasn't Sean Payton a failed NFL QB?

The bottom line is that success as a player has very little to do with being a successful coach. It has been proven over and over in the NFL.

I saw him make throws 30-40 yards down field leaning backwards on his back foot.

Not pretty and not mechanically correct, for sure, but amazing nonetheless.

That is the word I am hopeful to hear for years to come.... AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

All the training and learning in the world is great but the one thing that can't be taught is experience. Hopefully Cam will be good enough and hang tough enough without injuries to gain plenty of it. I was an anti Cam fan myself before the draft but so far I am liking all the good reports and he is saying and doing all the right things to win me over so he now has my full support.

Actually, once he became a Panther he had my support. Let's get this deal done already, I'm anxious to watch the man in action!

Why is it that people assume that bc weinke wasn't a great pro that he is a complete idiot incapable of teaching anything? He understands what a rookie qb will go thru and what they should prepare for...he understands playing QB and may found his niche as a coach. Are all quarterback coaches hall of fame QBs? I'm not sure if there is one at all...give weinke a break and use your brain for a few minutes...I'm more than fine with weinke helping him thru this, especially with his ties to the panthers.

Great pass no doubt, but in the NFL, he likely gets sacked on that play.

Just like Charles Johnson sacked the poo out of Josh Freeman last year..... oh wait.... nevermind he threw Johnson's ass on the ground and hit Winslow for a 40 yard gain. Sorry.

Hopefully in 2 years we can call Feeman "Cam Newton Light"

Archived