• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

we get more and more like the Steelers everyday..

bLACKpANTHER

One thing I wish the Panthers would do, like the Steelers (and Patriots) is let players go a year early than a year too late. I think in the long run that will make us more competitive, because players will try and cover up diminishing skills, and play just a little harder.

If you look over the past few seasons, the Panthers are starting to do that more than they did five years ago.

well, you have to understand only one team is going to truly be happy at the end of the season... EVERYTHING has to be perfectly in line for a team to go all the way... for a team that has only been around for 13 years, I'd say getting close to going all the way 4 times is pretty damn good.

To be totally honest, I think you are just choosing to see the most negative viewpoint. Realistically, the future of the Panthers looks very bright.

If there was no hardship, no pain, no loss,then there would be no fans, as it takes a great deal of loss to make something like a Lombardi Trophy mean so much when your team wins it.

I agree that we have had great success compared to how long we have been around, but if the Panthers themselves admit they want to be like the Steelers then that's the standard they should be judged by.

One thing I wish the Panthers would do, like the Steelers (and Patriots) is let players go a year early than a year too late. I think in the long run that will make us more competitive, because players will try and cover up diminishing skills, and play just a little harder.

Also, guess what?

The Steelers draft their franchise QB's, not pick them up off the street. We don't do that, so that is yet one more thing they do way better than us.

As of right now I think we have a 9-6 team at best next year. Our lack of Oline depth is gonna hurt cause who knows if Vincent will be 100% next year.

You mean 9-7? Unless of course we plan on skipping one game next year :D

That's a Fox problem.

we're still no where even close to the steelers.

The steelers are consistent contenders year in and year out.

the steelers have 6 superbowl wins to their credit.

the steelers have long been known for their tough as nails defense.

just because we have no money to spend doesn't mean we are the Pittsburgh Steelers. If we did have cash on hand we'd be bringing in DTs for interviews.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the Steelers DRAFT their franchie QB. We pick ours out of the trash heap. Until we spend a high draft pick and hit into the position we will never truly be like the Steelers. Both Bradshaw and Rothlesberger were key cogs in the chips in steel town.

I find it funny how everyone is putting the Steelers up on this petesal. Most don't realize how horrible the Steelers were until Noll got there in 1969. Through the Steelers first 14 regular seasons their record was 51-100-7. Compared to the Panthers that went 109-115 over the same first 14 seasons. The Steelers had only one playoff appearence resulting in a 0-1 playoff record and did not play in any championship games. The Panthers have had 4 playoff appearences resulting in a 6-4 playoff record and have played in one championship game (Super Bowl). And lets not forget that while the Steelers "unpresidented" 6 Super Bowls wins aren't the most championships in the NFL. Their hated rivals, the Browns, won 8 championships before the Super Bowl era and the Packers have won a total of 12 championships with 9 of those coming before the Super Bowl era.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Steelers but this was a team that took a long time to get where they are. It did not come quickly. The Panthers have already passed what the Steelers where able to do in the same amount of time.

Archived