• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

choose 5 WRs, 3 TEs, 3 RBs, 2 FBs....

rayzor

In looking at what the 53 man roster looked like for the '07 browns and last years chargers i saw that both teams limited themselves to that so it's probably safe to assume that we will go with that as well.

keep in mind that the 53 man roster is staying that size in the new CBA. the only thing to change is that the 45 active game day roster has grown to 46, but the emergency QB slot has been removed. what that means is that we will probably take up that 46th spot with a 3rd QB.

so how would you fill those 13 slots on the roster given that structure?

5 WRs:

3 TEs:

3 RBs:

2 FBs:

to throw a wrinkle in there, consider naanee and hartsock to be locks on the roster. same with shockey.

naanee was brought in not just because he has more experience than any WR on the roster except smith, but because he knows the system well and he's a special teams ace.

hartsock is going to be incredibly valuable for the running game. i have heard it mentioned that he could be listed as a FB so keep that in mind. an inferior site brought this up about him:

Cold Hartsock Facts:

Pro Football Focus also had this to say about Hartsock (emphasis mine):

It was something of a surprise when the
released Hartsock at the beginning of the year, although in hindsight a blessing for the man who had fallen behind
on the depth chart. The run-balanced Jets were quick to pick him up, and it was a marriage made in heaven. The Jets wanted a tight end who could block to complement/replace
, and Hartsock wanted a team that would give him plenty of snaps. Both got what they wanted. Hartsock managed 500 regular-season snaps, and while he was only thrown at four times,
his blocking was tremendous. Games against Buffalo and Tampa Bay highlighted this strength, but it was work in the Divisional Playoff game against San Diego and Conference Championship game against the Colts that will catch the attention of teams looking for an upgrade in their run-blocking from the TE spot.
He’ll never be the type to catch a lot of balls, but he has shown how much of an upgrade he can offer with his run-blocking, and so will command interest.

http://www.derp/2011/8/8/2348249/new-panther-profile-te-ben-hartsock

SS, Gettis, Legedu, LaFell, Clowney

Shockey, Olsen, Barnidge

DW, JS, MG

Fiametta, Hartsock

I think they will try to sneak Pilares on the PS, but honestly If it comes down to Edwards vs. Clowney for the final WR spot....Edwards will get it just based on the price they paid to get him.

I would definatly take a 6th receiver th an a 2nd fullback. We wont even need FB's like we have in the past
not allowed.

anyway, we will most likely be going with 2 FBs based on not foxball history, but chud,turner history and the fact that we will have to do a ton of running just having a rookie QB. you need depth at FB more than that 6th WR.

not allowed.

anyway, we will most likely be going with 2 FBs based on not foxball history, but chud,turner history and the fact that we will have to do a ton of running just having a rookie QB. you need depth at FB more than that 6th WR.

The only chance of the 6th wr is if they excel in ST. If AE comes out as the PR, and Clowney as coverage, then thats the only way I see 6.

Archived