• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera should hit the brakes on picking QB

panther4life

He isn't even going to have much to go on from this game as far as the QB play goes, we barely ran any plays on offense.

What he should be doing is looking for a DT because the guys we trot out and name starters would be 3rd string type of players on most other rosters.

This is the truth, I'm glad this has been exposed before cuts in a few weeks we need help at DT immediately.

I say give Derek Anderson all the snaps with the first team and let him play in the third pre-season game, see what our lone vet QB can do. It's clearly obvious that these two rookies (Yes, Clausen is a rookie as far as I'm concerned, in fact, he may be worse than that) are not ready to lead this team. We have too much talent to waste on these guys, and I'm not interesting in seeing another frustrated season this year.

Let Anderson have a go, because he stinks as a mentor anyway. He may be better able to teach Cam and Jimmy by showing them in either what to do or what not to do.

AT this point it shouldn't be about which QB is better now, it's about what's best for the QB of the future.

The good new about Cam is that every poor pass he's had has been 100% poo footwork, either throwing off his back foot or not stepping into throws.

You learn footwork through drills and practice, it's also one of those issues that can be made MUCH worse by putting them into games before they're fixed. There's a greater chance it gets worse in gametime situations, so why insert him before it's fixed?

The best thing for Cam is to sit a few weeks until his footwork improves. Once it does, his accuracy issues should all but disappear and he will be INCREDIBLE.

Patience guys.

Archived