• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cutler should be a legit thought...

DelhommesTheMan

Well you know me fuzz...I would rather have an average/above average type QB who doesn't demand a huge contract who is mentally tough (among other intangible type things) than a whiny, selfish brat with talent who is gonna cost a shitload of dough to keep/get (Cutler reference to keep this on point...sort of..lol). My only issue with Eli is what it cost(s) for him (especially if he gets a HUMONGOUS new contract as is rumored he will) vs. his production. He's never going to be a rah rah guy, and while I like that outwardly competitive type better, all that matters leadership wise is that he has the respect of his teammates, and he does.

I feel the exact same way...to a point.

The deal today though is, if you are decent, and have been to the playoffs or the Pro Bowl, and play QB, you are proabably going to cost a ton. Eli will get his 100 mil contract, just like Ben did.

There are a few guys out there that I think are good QB's that don't make the big bucks, but they are few and far between.

Hell, even Delhomme is making top QB money, and he has not been good as of late, much less great.

Eli certainly has the confidence of his team, that much cannot be argued.

And Cutler, to keep this on track, is not mentally tough enough to play on a team in dire need of veteran leadership, or in my opinion any team in the NFL.

ugh....it ain't happening.

broncos are not going to let cutler go without a possibility of getting a top tier QB out of it either directly through the trade or a high draft pick to ensure they get their QB. we don't have what they want.

c'mon guys.....pull your heads out of the clouds. this isn't madden. this isn't fantasy football. this just isn't happening. why waste your time on it?

oh yeah....

221250AFIE_w.jpg

And Cutler, to keep this on track, is not mentally tough enough to play on a team in dire need of veteran leadership, or in my opinion any team in the NFL.

I don't know about that, he better have a good support system, because he clearly doesn't always make good decisions, but he can play in the NFL. But at the same time, that's one of the biggest complaints about Delhomme that I hear here. Cutler has a cannon, but if you make bad decisions trying to throw into coverage like Delhomme does, you're gonna get fried here just like Delhomme, (only at a higher price tag, I know, Delhomme is expensive this year, but Cutler is dissed and wants to get paid)!

Basically, in a nutshell, Cutler has a stronger arm and better accuracy, but he'll make the bad decision and throw it into coverage as many times as Delhomme does at a higher price...

I feel the exact same way...to a point.

The deal today though is, if you are decent, and have been to the playoffs or the Pro Bowl, and play QB, you are proabably going to cost a ton. Eli will get his 100 mil contract, just like Ben did.

There are a few guys out there that I think are good QB's that don't make the big bucks, but they are few and far between.

Hell, even Delhomme is making top QB money, and he has not been good as of late, much less great.

Jake has a ridiculous cap # I agree (If that's what you meant), but his salary is reasonable IMO. Certainly, he fits the profile you are laying down for QBs who are getting or will get top money, yet he doesn't have and won't get that type of contract (nor should he). That's more what I was driving at. Only guys like Brady or Eli's brother Peyton who have been consistently productive for years should get top dollar. Not the unproven rooks or guys who are merely a bit above average performance and or production wise for their career but good enough to win with (i.e. Roethlisberger who has been very efficient for several seasons and about average to below average for 2 including this past one, or Eli who has had one pretty good statistic year, last year and has underachieved statistically for his cost other than that). And really Peyton was paid big before he ever did anything in the NFL too, they just were lucky (or correct on their projections) that he would develop.

I can't really think of any guy on offense I would consider a real leader. The most mentally stable veteran guy on that offense at a skill position is probably Stokely IMO.

When will this discussion end? uggh...

Seriously folks, why do you y'all want Cutler so badly?

It wont end until Jake is out of here. Many fans have been wanting a new QB for a couple years now and each season we get even more aggrivated .

Cutler is young and could be a franchise QB.

We need a QB that can gun it out, not throw rainbow passes that only Steve Smith can catch

Jake has a ridiculous cap # I agree (If that's what you meant), but his salary is reasonable IMO. Certainly, he fits the profile you are laying down for QBs who are getting or will get top money, yet he doesn't have and won't get that type of contract (nor should he). That's more what I was driving at. Only guys like Brady or Eli's brother Peyton who have been consistently productive for years should get top dollar. Not the unproven rooks or guys who are merely a bit above average performance and or production wise for their career but good enough to win with (i.e. Roethlisberger who has been very efficient for several seasons and about average to below average for 2 including this past one, or Eli who has had one pretty good statistic year, last year and has underachieved statistically for his cost other than that). And really Peyton was paid big before he ever did anything in the NFL too, they just were lucky (or correct on their projections) that he would develop.

I can't really think of any guy on offense I would consider a real leader. The most mentally stable veteran guy on that offense at a skill position is probably Stokely IMO.

Jakes cap, is pretty bad for us. That is more important than the actual salary, IMO.

Ben and Eli both either have been, or will be paid wayyy more than their actual football worth. Eli has been average, and the best that you can say of Ben is consistant/above average. Brady and Manning 1 deserve what they get, Brees deserves what he gets, and probably Palmer to be honest. Those who don't, but are getting paid like super stars are Bulger, Jake, Ryan, Rodgers (need one more season)....etc...

As for Cutler, there is not one person on that O that is a leader, and it is showing now. Nalen at least was a vet, but now he is gone. Pretty sad what the genius did to that football team.

Cutler is acting like a spoiled litttle child. His position coach left and now he is angry at McDaniels and doesn't appear to want to make up and play nice.

Wouldn't be surprised if his behavior wasn't behind why they would consider trading him. He is known to be egotistical and immature for his age.

I don't care if he's sleeping with the coach's wife. He's a franchise QB which is near impossible to find and is almost a neccesity to win the SB.

Short of felonious activity, he should be given a wide berth.

If the Donkeys trade him they're fuging retarded.

I don't care if he's sleeping with the coach's wife. He's a franchise QB which is near impossible to find and is almost a neccesity to win the SB.

LOL exactly

Steve Smith is a brat too, but he kicks ass on the field!!

I dont care about the drama...I care about the rings !!!

GET CUTLER !!

Archived