• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers release Lucas

Car123

I wish him good luck. He seemed like a good guy. I remember one game where Fitzgerald was burning Gamble up and Lucas went to Fox then asked to cover him. Lucas did a great job and if im not mistaken shut him down. This might have been his first year here. Well anyway, I wish him good luck and I hope he lands on a contender.

Lucas was a good guy and good player. Bottom line is that we couldn't afford his 10-11 million cap cost for this year and next. Plus we needed to see what Marshall could do as a starter before deciding whether to pay him big bucks next year when his contract expires.

Couldn't keep Lucas and Peppers at the same time. That was 27 million in cap between the 2 of them. Too bad he still costs 8 million in dead cap space this year

Eh, sucks to see him go. Good player for the first two years. Definitely didn't meet expectations after that.

I can't believe we couldn't trade him for SOMETHING. ANYTHING. Sheesh, a fifth or sixth rounder. Oh well. Guess teams didn't care for him too much. Someone will pick him up via a one or two year contract.

All indicators are that Richard Marshall will be a starter now. I am excited for that. I really hope he steps up big time.

Eh, sucks to see him go. Good player for the first two years. Definitely didn't meet expectations after that.

I can't believe we couldn't trade him for SOMETHING. ANYTHING. Sheesh, a fifth or sixth rounder. Oh well. Guess teams didn't care for him too much. Someone will pick him up via a one or two year contract.

All indicators are that Richard Marshall will be a starter now. I am excited for that. I really hope he steps up big time.

Teams don't trade for players THEY KNOW will be released.

YEZZUR!!! Richard Marshall hits better and I believe he will accept the starting job wit open arms and play as good as Lucas played when we first signed him. I like our secondary long as Godfrey can step it up his second year. Now what to do with that D-Line cuz I want Peppers gone!!

Archived