• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

according to USA Today...deshaun foster is going to help cam newton

rayzor

Ron RiveraCarolina Panthers

Previous position:San Diego Chargers' defensive coordinator.

Coaching highlights: Third Latino head coach in NFL history, following Tom Fears and Tom Flores. San Diego led league in 2010 in fewest yards allowed (271.6) and fewest passing yards (177.8). Oversaw Chicago defense that finished third in scoring defense in helping franchise reach Super Bowl XLI to close 2006 season.

Challenges ahead: Must take great care grooming inexperienced but promising QB Cam Newton, top pick in draft. Must avoid pushing him to do too much too soon in effort to turn around two-win team. Return to health of RB DeShaun Foster should help. Immediate defensive improvement will be expected after the Panthers spent heavily to retain defensive end Charles Johnson and others.

What he says: "I'm very proud of the fact that I am of Hispanic descent. I'm very honored to have this opportunity."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2011-09-08/NFLs-new-head-coaches-under-the-gun-after-short-offseason/50327318/1

and just in case they change it...scaled.php?tn=0&server=614&filename=66310289.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

btw...bill voth pointed this out.h266310289p

Archived