• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Beason Effect

twylyght

Haven't seen anyone else mention it yet...

It seemed like the run D picked up after Connor came in for Beasty. My initial thought is that Beason was out there playing hurt, so he couldn't play anywhere near full speed.

For whatever reason, I am glad that we kept Dan, and I hope he continues the good work.

TD will have to pick up the on-field leadership role. Connor will do fine against the run; it's the pass that worries me. Beason is the best coverage LB in the game and Connor... isn't.

We'll have to either compensate for this in the scheme or find someone who can at least be decent in coverage. Thomas Willams maybe? He seems like someone who could explode if given the chance to play.

TD will have to pick up the on-field leadership role. Connor will do fine against the run; it's the pass that worries me. Beason is the best coverage LB in the game and Connor... isn't.

We'll have to either compensate for this in the scheme or find someone who can at least be decent in coverage. Thomas Willams maybe? He seems like someone who could explode if given the chance to play.

Thomas Williams' knock has been that he is slow, he is basically a poor mans Connor, he will be great in run defense but average to poor in pass coverage. I'd guess that Gaither will be the sub used on passing downs.

Connor, to me, is as good against the run as Beason. But there is no denying that Beason is purely better than Connor in pass coverage. It's going to hurt not having the middle of the field being patrolled like Beason does it, but with the way we blitz, it won't kill us.

Yep, even RR in his presser yesterday mentioned that difference, called Dan a two down LB whereas Beason has the cvg skills to be an everydown LB. Said Connon could cover but that's not the ideal situation for him.

Archived