• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton's Body language on the sideline

Hotsauce

Its not only after every failed drive. He puts his towel over his head every time he goes to the sidelines. If you watch the game again you'll see after that first touchdown drive he was on the bench with his towel on his head. I don't know why it is and I'd rather see him active on the sidelines but its not because he's retreating.

This was something the announcers were talking about early in the game, and they were right.

Basically after every failed TD drive, cam would goto the bench, put a towel over his bowed head. He seemed to be taking the failed performance pretty hard (which is good he is that competitive).

However, the announcers were saying that he needed to be with his teammates, discussing the game, not secluding himself to the bench. I agree with this. Hopefully this gets corrected.

If you rewatch the games, look at this....

So we're now going to try and dictate to Cam how he should behave on the sideline...Like WTF...when does the disturbingly obsessive behavior towards this kid end?

Very true, but other than being wrong on this, i was pretty impressed with his announcing abilities. Much better than hacks like chris meyers

Not to derail the thread, but I really enjoyed Pennington last week too. His southern accent makes me feel like the NASCAR guys are calling a football game. And pretty well, too.

How about this for Newton's body language? When the teams were announced, Cam ran right over in front of the section I was sitting in (128) and played to the fans, raising his arms, getting everyone hyped up. Cam's always willing to learn and I'm sure if it was that big of a problem then Shula or someone would bring it to his attention and it would stop. Everybody's got their own way of operating--if Einstein had to rub one out after he split the atom instead of conferring with other scientists, I don't think anyone would have minded.

You guys will see a more animated, interactive, jovial type Cam when he gets a few wins under his belt or when Carolina has a big lead and the game is basically put away. Right now, Cam is pissed and determined with total focus.

Watching him at AU last year, in some games when we were losing, he did look pissed on the sidelines. At the same time late in games we had put the other team away, he was running around laughing, joking, and cutting up with everyone. A few things come to mind. One, last year after beating Bama, him and Fairley were hamming it up on the sidelines right after the game. Another was late in the SECCG when the "Cammy Cam Juice" thing happened. That was about early or mid 4th quarter and Cam was having fun since we were up about 30 points.

We will see more of the happy go-lucky Cam when the Panthers get some W's. Right now, I am good with pissed-off, determined Cam until the W's start coming in.

Maybe we should have him go cry to Steve Smith after every mistake he makes and ask for him to forgive him or maybe have him act like Jay Cutler and act like losing means the same as winning to him.

Mora is an idiot and that's why he's watching and not coaching. I'd rather have Cam focus on himself after making a mistake or two rather than try and make excuses and plead his case to the coaches on why it happens. He's a professional.

Cam puts it on himself. He knows when he messes up and what he should do instead. He doesn't need to announce what went wrong to every player on the side line. He talks it over with Shula then he focuses on his next chance to redeem himself. I'm just thankful to have a QB on our team who seems to take losses as hard as I do.

This was something the announcers were talking about early in the game, and they were right.

Basically after every failed TD drive, cam would goto the bench, put a towel over his bowed head. He seemed to be taking the failed performance pretty hard (which is good he is that competitive).

However, the announcers were saying that he needed to be with his teammates, discussing the game, not secluding himself to the bench. I agree with this. Hopefully this gets corrected.

If you rewatch the games, look at this....

He did the same thing when he threw the TD. That is how he gets re-focused and digests what happened.

Also.....Rodgers does the SAME DAMN THING.

Archived