• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton's Body language on the sideline

Hotsauce

He doesn't go and sit with the towel on his head until the next offensive possession. He probably goes to zone everything out and recap what he did right and wrong in the drive. He could be saying a prayer. As long as he doesn't zone everything the whole time he's on the sideline (which we've seen evidence to the contrary on video) I don't think it's a problem. It shows me focus.

My point is, I think the healthier option is when he gets to the sidelines, for him to be visible to the coaches and to his teammates, and not bury his head in a towel....

If what he is doing "works" and he is perfect, sorry to offend some of you people...But last time I checked, we are still 0-2 and he is making alot of rookie mistakes (which is perfectly fine because HE IS A ROOKIE). He will learn and correct this behavior, and all of his other mistakes...

What is incredibly ironic about all of this is Cam has bucked the trend and shown that drafting a QB for potential alone can skew to the high reward side.

The irony is in the fact that we all pitched a fit when Luck stayed, yet his style of play seems antiquated when you look at the ceiling Cam has.

What people dont understand or have failed to observe without Jim Mora Jr pointing it out to them is that cam put that towl around his neck/over his head EVERY TIME HE GOES TO THE BENCH! Athletes are creatures of habbit and that is one of his habbits. I dont have a problem with it. Dont you put blinders on a race horse? If that keeps him focused and throwin 420+yrds a game who are we to criticize?

Dude, Cam did this after EVERY drive and he has done it since he got here. Just bc Fox's stupid announcers bring something up when don't have to jump all over it. We should know better bc we watch him every week. Although I did like what they said about cam late in the game when he scored the TD and he handed the ball off and ran right to the bench.

Dude he does it all the time. Watch the next time he scores a touchdown. He goes back and puts the towel back on his head. I guess its just his thing. But it has nothing to do with feeling sorry for himself.

This deserves repeating, because yes, he does this every time he comes off the field, whether it's after a 3 and out, failed TD, and TD.

This deserves repeating, because yes, he does this every time he comes off the field, whether it's after a 3rd and out, failed TD, and TD.

There you guys go trying to bring context and fact into something. This is going to interfere with the ability of some people to parrot what they heard a TV talking head say and turn it into a huge issue that is taken completely out of context.

Much better to just blindly complain about every single thing any player does that is not identical to the last QB we had who was mildly successful. Clearly Cam will not be a good QB in this league ever unless he goes through all sorts of histrionics on the sideline every time anything happens.

Cam came back to the bench with the towel over his head after most drives ... not just the drives that did not result in a TD. Most players coming off the field hit the bench. Who cares if he has a towel over his head. Perhaps what they didn't mention was his going up and down the sideline slapping hands and helmets getting the team ready. There was plenty of that. Cam exudes leadership and the players are responding. He and Smitty have a chemistry that I haven't seen since Jake ... when Jake was decent.

In regards to Smitty, he was about to come over the bench after his fumble. A fan said something that pissed him off. It didn't make a scene except for those that were sitting close. He mentioned it in the newspaper article. From my perspective, no big deal. He knew it was a bonehead play and didn't need somebody mouthing off about it. Even my 8 yr old (who wears an 89 jersey by the way) knows better than to call out your own players when they're giving 110%. I am glad Smitty has the 'fire' back and is leaving it all on the field.

Archived