• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hogan hopeful to play after week 6

CPF4LIFE

Hogan is fearless, that's my favorite part about him. I personally don't know how good he is in coverage, but he's a really physical player. Not that I'd want to change him, but in the tape i watched on this kid I couldn't stop thinking he would make a killer safety. I would not want to come across the middle with him hovering around.

Yeah I have been thinking the same thing, how much we address CB next year rides a lot on Hogan. I know Butler has looked good and Hogan was always apart of long term plans, they have already said it. The plan was for him to come in start right away anyway but it didn't happen.When he finally plays, i hope he does come in and blow that 4th round value out the water.

Yeah I hope he's our 2011 diamond in the rough, like Greg Hardy last year, that'd be sick!

If we can develop Butler and Hogan, imagine our secondary for years to come! CBs consisting of Gamble and Hogan, Cap'n and Butler off the bench. With CJ and Hardy giving pressure and our LBs back from injury, we have a defense capable of stacking up fairly well with NO and Atl for the foreseeable future. Now if our DTs can develop properly then............ (boner)

Found this highlight vid of him a bit earlier.

Don't get to see a ton of him in coverage, made some good plays with the ball in the air towards the end of the video. The thing that really, really, really, impressed me is his explosiveness and ability to close space. Watching the replay at about 48 sec where they are at the goal line, you see him read the play, and take one step and it looks like he is already at full speed, its pretty incredible. Also his closing on that run that gets bounced outside at 1:12 and closing quickly and shutting down that screen at 1:52 are impressive. Also love the fact that he knows how to tackle as a corner, most of his tackles he wraps up, something u don't see out of a lot of pro corners.

I think if worst comes to worst and he can't adapt to the NFL as a corner, I personally think he has a great skillset to be a productive safety. Closing speed? Check. Good Tackler? Check. Takes Good Lines to Receiver with Ball in the Air? Check. Would be a bit of a transition, but I think he could do it. Plenty of reasons to be excited about this guy. High risk, high reward, just like Hardy, hopefully this one pans out for us as well.

Archived