• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Negged to Smack?

The Other Colbert

We've talked and we are going to try out a modified version of this...(date is TBD)

The mods will be able to ban any poster (regardless of stature) to the smack forum.

I've seen forums do that before, it's a pretty good system. I don't know about sending them to a forum that is meant specifically for 'smack' talking, because they'd never get the chance to earn their way back into the main forum from there. Maybe a time-out section specifically for that, where they can post like 100 times and earn their way back again.

We've talked and we are going to try out a modified version of this...(date is TBD)

The mods will be able to ban any poster (regardless of stature) to the smack forum.

one question i have, tho, is how on top of it are you mods going to be able to be?

not a criticism, btw. you guys have lives and there have been quite a few times that i can recall only one mod really being around and getting swamped with crap getting flung around. you can't go into every thread and make sure that everything is cool, esp. in those moments when you are undermanned.

are you guys going to have it so that y'all are paying attention to stuff that gets reported?

• 1 month later...

it would be about as effective as banning them...which isn't because there are too many flaws and holes in the system that allows them to go out and make unlimited alts.

until the admin decide they want to fix that we are stuck with trolls unlimited.

All you need to do is realize how pathetic guys like TRD and PFFL are. They spend countless hours trying to get a rise out of people ON THE INTERNET and at times create fake accounts to do it even more so. Once you get that you're better than those trash heaps, there's no need to ban them or put them in Smack... you're better than they are and that's good enough.

All you need to do is realize how pathetic guys like TRD and PFFL are. They spend countless hours trying to get a rise out of people ON THE INTERNET and at times create fake accounts to do it even more so. Once you get that you're better than those trash heaps, there's no need to ban them or put them in Smack... you're better than they are and that's good enough.

Says the guy who challenged me to win a Subaru forum...

Archived