• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can this happen?

#1 Panthers Fan

Someone posted this on Charlotte Observer and I know it sounds like a bunch of horse crap but can this be done now with the new CBA?

Chicago and others looking into negotiating a possible buyout and trying to manipulate a deal to sign Newton since the new union agreement JR signed is non-restrictive and allows rookies to be bought like free agents.

Newtons agent has stated he also does not want to play for the Panthers and feels the Carolina franchise does not meet up to his higher standards and wants out. He uses the word "slop" to describe them.

Technically he also knows his time is limited to move on or he will lose his fleeting appeal monitarily as the losing streak gets worse. 100 million is the demand.

Regardless whether its next week or after the next 11 weeks hes a goner in 2012 as is Smith.

Read more: http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2011/10/bests-and-worsts-from-carolina-panthers_16.html#ixzz1b48zVh4G

Someone posted this on Charlotte Observer and I know it sounds like a bunch of horse crap but can this be done now with the new CBA?

Chicago and others looking into negotiating a possible buyout and trying to manipulate a deal to sign Newton since the new union agreement JR signed is non-restrictive and allows rookies to be bought like free agents.

Newtons agent has stated he also does not want to play for the Panthers and feels the Carolina franchise does not meet up to his higher standards and wants out. He uses the word "slop" to describe them.

Technically he also knows his time is limited to move on or he will lose his fleeting appeal monitarily as the losing streak gets worse. 100 million is the demand.

Regardless whether its next week or after the next 11 weeks hes a goner in 2012 as is Smith.

Read more: http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2011/10/bests-and-worsts-from-carolina-panthers_16.html#ixzz1b48zVh4G

Everything that post says is wrong. Everything. Every word. It even gets the prepositions wrong.

Cam's not going anywhere: this is the NFL, players can be franchise tagged forever, and he really doesn't seem like someone obsessed with money. I mean, he's still living in an apartment.

I also seriously doubt he's the kind of player that wants to go straight to an elite team, because he explicitly stated he wanted us to pick him at #1 and Auburn was a middling team before he picked them as well (in the most difficult conference in the country.)

Cam's a competitor, he wants to win for our team, and have the legacy that goes with turning a losing team into a winner.

Archived