• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

T.O interview on NFLN

bauss

Am I the only one that heard Cris Carter and Trent Dilfer talk about how bad The Golden Calf of Bristol played Sunday? And how Mike and Mike said he has to play much better in the future for the first 58 minutes instead of the last 2? I've also heard nothing but praise and great things about Cam as well. Nothing negative at all. I think sometimes people make things up to create drama because they aren't getting enough attention in their own personal lives.

The Golden Calf of Bristol definitely doesn't deserve 1/2 the hype that he's getting right now...

Everytime I turn on the radio or TV all I hear is The Golden Calf of Bristol this.. Or The Golden Calf of Bristol that.... I was rooting for the guy and all but DAMN!

Cam should be getting all the praise in the world right now, and it's still about The Golden Calf of Bristol. I guess Cam needs a 500 yd performance to get more credit?

Am I the only one that heard Cris Carter and Trent Dilfer talk about how bad The Golden Calf of Bristol played Sunday? And how Mike and Mike said he has to play much better in the future for the first 58 minutes instead of the last 2? I've also heard nothing but praise and great things about Cam as well. Nothing negative at all. I think sometimes people make things up to create drama because they aren't getting enough attention in their own personal lives.

That is because Cam has given them no choice. Even after the amazing start in the Cardinals game people in the media were trying to qualify his achievements.

"It was only the Cardinals"

"The coaches used him well"

"they only used half the field"

"We will see what he does against a real defense"

I mean guys like Merrill Hoge was doing everything they could to not say "Holy fug I was wrong and this guy is dat deal". I am not the biggest Colin Cowherd fan but I give him credit, he did come out on Monday morning and said " I was wrong. Big time."

I remember distinctly watching Sportscenter after Matt Ryan's debut where he basically turned around and handed off to Michael Turner for 60 minutes and the analyst on there declared "This guy is going to be a Super Bowl caliber QB"

After Sam Bradford's debut where he threw the ball 55 times for only 253 yards and had 3 ints ( in a loss against also ironically the Cardinals) he woke up Monday morning with media jizz all over his stomach.

The Golden Calf of Bristol needed a fumble on an onside kick and a fumble by Matt Moore to beat the 0-7 Miami Dolphins and on the front page of ESPN they had "Legendary Win" as one of the headlines!! He needed a miracle to beat one of the worst teams in the NFL. There is nothing amazing about that. It is the direct opposite of a moral victory. It should be a deflating win. Certainly not legendary.

Fortunately Cam had been so good to this point that he has left all those guys trying to find new ways to convince themselves that Cam is not therealdeal (RIP) no choice but to face facts. Cam Newton is the most dynamic rookie at the QB position in the history of the NFL.

That is because Cam has given them no choice. Even after the amazing start in the Cardinals game people in the media were trying to qualify his achievements.

"It was only the Cardinals"

"The coaches used him well"

"they only used half the field"

"We will see what he does against a real defense"

I mean guys like Merrill Hoge was doing everything they could to not say "Holy fug I was wrong and this guy is dat deal". I am not the biggest Colin Cowherd fan but I give him credit, he did come out on Monday morning and said " I was wrong. Big time."

I remember distinctly watching Sportscenter after Matt Ryan's debut where he basically turned around and handed off to Michael Turner for 60 minutes and the analyst on there declared "This guy is going to be a Super Bowl caliber QB"

After Sam Bradford's debut where he threw the ball 55 times for only 253 yards and had 3 ints ( in a loss against also ironically the Cardinals) he woke up Monday morning with media jizz all over his stomach.

The Golden Calf of Bristol needed a fumble on an onside kick and a fumble by Matt Moore to beat the 0-7 Miami Dolphins and on the front page of ESPN they had "Legendary Win" as one of the headlines!! He needed a miracle from to beat one of the worst teams in the NFL. There is nothing amazing about that. It is the direct opposite of a moral victory. It should be a deflating win. Certainly not legendary.

Fortunately Cam had been so good to this point that he has left all those guys trying to find new ways to convince themselves that Cam is not therealdeal (RIP) no choice but to face facts. Cam Newton is the most dynamic rookie at the QB position in the history of the NFL.

Your truth bucket over runneths.....

Wasn't this thread suppose to be about how awsome it is that we have some tangible proof big time free agent wide recievers would consider playing for carolina? I don't give a poo about The Golden Calf of Bristol or respect from the media. I am excited that our new explosive offence is getting respect from players in the NFL.

Honestly, if we were in playoff contention, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him. I'm sure he'd be motivated to do damage and with the attention Smitty and Olsen get, he'd be able to rack up yards provided he really is healthy.

But at this point, while I know we are not out of playoff contention, it's all about developing our guys. I think LaFell could be just as good a receiver as T.O., not in the game-breaking sense, but in the prototypical possession receiver sense. And with Gettis hopefully coming back healthy next season, there wouldn't be room on the roster for him.

Sure would be fun to see what kind of production Chud could get out of him though.

Archived