• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chud mentioned as possible HC replacement in Jax

JawnyBlaze

yeah...chud's not going to leave, but it would make sense to have norv come in and be OC. i doubt he gets hired as a HC for a while if he gets fired if ever again.

i think norv's son scott who is our offensive quality control guy would be an asset to the team as well.

still...it's such a minute chance that chud's going to be going anywhere for a few years it seems pretty silly to keep having these threads pop up every week.

it's only journalists that are mentioning him...not teams.

While I doubt he will be going anywhere this year, if our offense continues to develop like we all expect, I think there is a very good chance he'll get an offer after next season.

And really, we need Chud to stick around for at least one more year anyway. Both the players and other offensive coaches need another year (includung offseason) to really get the offense ingrained in them. After that, it will be easier to transition to someone else (since I would expect Rivera to hire an OC that will keep the same system), whether it be Shula (most likely) or Turner.

Another problem with him leaving is he could bring Mike Shula with him and promote him to OC. Better option - we promote Shula to O-Coordinator.

But let's just hope this doesn't happen.

Actually if we wanted to do it, we could keep Shula from interviewing elsewhere since he is under contract to us. The only folks you can't stop are those interviewing for head coaching jobs.

i think with the quick success of jim harbaugh in san fran that people will be less adverse to hiring a guy up out of the college ranks. it's a copy cat league, after all. that could very well be the next hot trend for a year or two.

Harbaugh had a lot of head coach experience at the college level before he went to SF. As you note there are a number of guys coaching in college who are former head coaches or coordinators or players. There is never a shortage of candidates for any position.

This has happened before, we get a coordinator of a top 5 unit in football and Jacksonville plucks him away from here. Also, if Chud gets a shot at being offered a head coaching job, I could see him bouncing because his second year in Cleveland they took a step back and he hasn't been a commodity since

This has happened before, we get a coordinator of a top 5 unit in football and Jacksonville plucks him away from here. Also, if Chud gets a shot at being offered a head coaching job, I could see him bouncing because his second year in Cleveland they took a step back and he hasn't been a commodity since

If he gets a head coaching job he will take it, I am sure. The question is whether he will be offered one. Another thought I had. Do you think teams like Jacksonville if they go coordinator will look for a defensive guy or offensive one. Off the top of your head, how many current coaches used to be offensive coordinators versus defensive guys. And how do they compare.

I will name a few offensive guys.

Offensive Guys

Turner in San Diego

Payton in NO

Shanahan in Denver

Harbaugh in SF

Mike McCarthy- Green Bay

Garrett in Dallas

Chan Gailey- Buffalo

Harbaugh- Baltimore

Pete Carroll-Seattle

Fill in the rest for offensive and defense.

HC > OC

I'm hoping he stays around for at least a couple more years. Would be harmful to change the entire offensive system after just one year, especially since our offense is clicking.

system wouldn't change. Promote shula. Done and done.

I would like to see chud stay for another 2 year at least, but reality says that isn't very likely.

Rivera and Chud worked together in San Diego and I think Rivera had a lot to do with Chud coming here. I think Chud is on board for the 3-5 year plan with Rivera.
The fact they worked together has everything to do with why he's here. I'm sure the feeling is mutual, as all you hear are great things about Rivera from former co-workers. Will Chud make the jump? Who knows....but it's not like he'll use one one of these things on the entire staff:

Neuralizer_5336.jpg

The philosophy can be managed and implemented by others if it comes down to that.

But Chud throws long bombs on 3rd and two!1!!!!!1!11!1

I can't imagine anyone turning down a HC job but if there is one to turn down it's JAX. Chud knows this team is headed for greatness. :cam:

Jax may quickly become quite the destination. The new owner apparently has heaps of money he has nothing to do with and will probably buy any coach he wants. Plus being the HC for the new LA team might not be too shabby either. :eek:

But Chud throws long bombs on 3rd and two!1!!!!!1!11!1

Jax may quickly become quite the destination. The new owner apparently has heaps of money he has nothing to do with and will probably buy any coach he wants. Plus being the HC for the new LA team might not be too shabby either. :eek:

You think that a new owner with tons of money will go for an OC with no head coaching experience at any level instead of a proven guy with lots of prior experience.

Archived