• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agents

chknwing

Unrestricted Free Agents

Jeremy Shockey, TE

Geoff Hangartner, OG

Dan Connor, MLB

Derek Anderson, QB

Legedu Naanee, WR

Antwan Applewhite, OLB

J.J. Jansen, LS

Jordan Senn, OLB

Mackenzy Bernadeau, OG

Richie Brockel, TE

Cletis Gordon, DB

Ronald Fields, DT

Reggie Wells, OG

i don't see otah leaving. super talented, only making like $1.2m, and rivera said he's making great progress today in his presser. working out every day.

He may not be leaving but I dont think anyone in their right mind would count on him putting together a season without being injured.

He may not be leaving but I dont think anyone in their right mind would count on him putting together a season without being injured.

I agree but for the price he cost why not let him play out his contract? If he can get into shape he will be a beast. I know it's a long shot but players have made comebacks before. I don't know if any players have came back after missing 3 seasons but I think it is possible if the player changes his conditioning.

The way Rivera talked Otah is rehabing well and should be in shape once he returns. I wish the best for him and Davis. I really Want Davis back but I don't know if any linebacker has came back after missing as many games as him.

If anyone knows of any player that has made a comeback after missing basically 3 seasons please let me know.

As for free agents go I would give Nanee another year if the coaches fill that Pilares, Edwards, Tutu or Adams isn't ready to be the #4.

Shockey should be back unless we sign or draft a top tier TE

Keep Brockel, he is decent and could be had for cheap. I personally like him.

I don't know if we should keep Hangartner if we are going to have Otah, Williams and Schwartz back next year. I haven't noticed how well Hangman has played but our O line needs to improve.

Connor to me is a decent mlb but not starting material.

I love Thomas Williams, I think he will be great next year.

Senn should be resigned, he showed us that he has what it takes to be a NFL linebacker.

Do we need Bernadeau? I guess we could bring him into training camp.

Applewhite has had some great games, and can play OLB. If he doesn't want a lot of money then we should keep him.

Anderson should stay after all not many teams can say they have an probowl qb as their back up. I do believe Anderson played his best when chud was his oc.

JJ Jansen should be kept.

Kearse has played well enough at least to be signed for the preseason.

IMO, Shockey is a must.

I would also like them to keep Nanaee if they don't plan to address WR late in the draft. Gettis is a question mark coming off of his injury and Nanaee is a guy who seems to have a pretty good rapport with Cam and has also been more steady with his play as the season progressed. He also does a good job on the edge in blocking (not quite as good as Lafell though).

I wouldn't be too unhappy if we went into next season with the following stable of receivers (Smith, Lafell, Nanaee, Gettis, Pilares) and also kept around Shockey, Olsen, and Barnidge.

I agree but for the price he cost why not let him play out his contract? If he can get into shape he will be a beast. I know it's a long shot but players have made comebacks before. I don't know if any players have came back after missing 3 seasons but I think it is possible if the player changes his conditioning.

The way Rivera talked Otah is rehabing well and should be in shape once he returns. I wish the best for him and Davis. I really Want Davis back but I don't know if any linebacker has came back after missing as many games as him.

If anyone knows of any player that has made a comeback after missing basically 3 seasons please let me know.

I agree that we should keep Otah and see how he comes back from his injury. From what I understand, the team believes the reason he wasn't completely ready this year is that because of the lockout, they couldn't monitor his rehab and make sure he was doing it properly. But I do get the sense that Rivera does think Otah will be back to form next year.

As for free agents go I would give Nanee another year if the coaches fill that Pilares, Edwards, Tutu or Adams isn't ready to be the #4.

I see Smitty, LaFell, Gettis, and Pilares as locks for WR next year. That leaves two spots available to bring back Nannee and a mid-round receiver/returner.

Shockey should be back unless we sign or draft a top tier TE

Keep Brockel, he is decent and could be had for cheap. I personally like him.

Yeah, I think both Shockey and Brockel will be back. I believe both like their roles on this team, and the team most likely reciprocates.

I don't know if we should keep Hangartner if we are going to have Otah, Williams and Schwartz back next year. I haven't noticed how well Hangman has played but our O line needs to improve.

Hangartner is nothing special, and should be nothing more than depth on the OL. But I think he brings some experience and will probably be brought back at a reasonable price. And of the ones you mentioned, only Schwartz is a Guard, and don't forget that Hangartner can also play Center, which will add value.

Connor to me is a decent mlb but not starting material.

I agree, although he has played better lately, he's still a liability in pass defense. If he is willing to re-sign at a reasonable amount, then I would be ok with bringing him back. But if he expects to be paid like or close to starter money, then I think we can fill his slot elsewhere.

I love Thomas Williams, I think he will be great next year.

I think he will be a fallback option depending on whether we find a suitable upgrade or not.

Senn should be resigned, he showed us that he has what it takes to be a NFL linebacker.

I like Senn as a reserve, but I do not take Rivera's comments about him competing for a starting spot next year too seriously. I think that was just his way of praising and motivating Senn. Sure, Senn will be given a chance to compete, but I doubt anyone seriously thinks he will win it.

Do we need Bernadeau? I guess we could bring him into training camp.

Bernadeau is a fine reserve at LG that for some reason stinks it up on the right side. Probably because he is asked to play more of a power role on the right where he plays with more finesse on the left...but that's just a guess. Anyway, I think he will be brought back if he is willing to take a reasonable amount for a limeted OG.

Applewhite has had some great games, and can play OLB. If he doesn't want a lot of money then we should keep him.

I like Applewhite as a situational player with versatility. I don't think he will ever be a consistent starter, but for a very specific role, I could see him being brought back.

Anderson should stay after all not many teams can say they have an probowl qb as their back up. I do believe Anderson played his best when chud was his oc.

I think the team will try to re-sign Anderson. But I'm sure he will look around first to see if anyone will be willing to give him a starting gig. So I expect him back...just after a few weeks of FA.

JJ Jansen should be kept.

I agree, but I do wonder if there is something they don't like about him since they brought in that veteran LS in preseason...of course that was before the season, so maybe they have warmed up to him since then.

Kearse has played well enough at least to be signed for the preseason.

I think Kearse is a lock to be brought back, and a pretty high probability that he will make the final roster.

My comments in bold.

Unrestricted Free Agents

Jeremy Shockey, TE ~ yes

Geoff Hangartner, OG ~ yes

Dan Connor, MLB ~ yes

Derek Anderson, QB ~ yes

Legedu Naanee, WR ~ no

Antwan Applewhite, OLB ~ yes

J.J. Jansen, LS ~ yes

Jordan Senn, OLB ~ yes

Mackenzy Bernadeau, OG ~ no

Richie Brockel, TE ~ yes

Jerome Felton, FB ~ no

Cletis Gordon, DB ~ no

Ronald Fields, DT ~ no

Reggie Wells, OG ~ no

Jansen is a lock to get resigned.

Don't think we carry four TE's and he'd replace Shockey since Olsen and Barnidge are both under contract still. I want to keep Schwartz, Applewhite, Hangman, Senn, Shockey and put a third rounder tender on Williams for LB depth.

I think Connor will get a starting gig somewhere else and we lose him.

Edit: I'd also like to see Keiser, Shirley and Kearse all back on DL. I don't see Norwood making the team next season.

Archived