• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

JawnyBlaze

Has he declared ? He is RedShirt Softmore
hasn't declared, but that hasn't stopped a few mockers from giving him to us. most recently cbs sports and sports illustrated have done it. he's got until the 15th to do it.
Do we really need another rookie on the interior? I'd rather sign a couple FAs on defense
I am with you. At least not in the first round. It'd be different if there was a stud.
i'm kind of the same persuasion unless they are the rare kind that can make an immediate impact which, if the things i have been seeing/reading about him are accurate might be the case.

if he is as talented and as nfl ready as people think then i think it would be a no brainer to at least seriously consider him.

i don't really think there is any DT in the draft right now that is capable of coming in day one and playing solid, but if brockers enters then he might be that one that can pull it off.

he big
yes. he big. but he's got a lot of talent and intelligence and knows how to use that bigness to his advantage.

he's 6'6 right now and 306 lbs, but he's got more than enough frame to put on another 15-20 pounds and still be very athletic.

just someone to consider and a better option than other guys that have been discussed as DTs in this draft. right now he's the only one i'm really interested in aside from a beast like poe (who i still think is probably more of a project than should be taken in the first round).

http://nflspinzone.com/2012/01/12/nfl-draft-2012-lsus-morris-claiborne-michael-brockers-will-enter-draft/

Reports are indicating that LSU star cornerback Morris Claiborne will enter the 2012 NFL Draft. Defensive tackle Michael Brockers has hired an agent and will declare. Claiborne and Brockers will officially make his decision at a press conference being held today at 4:00 pm ET.

Brockers was named to the All-SEC Second Team.

The six-foot-six and 306-pound Brockers is currently rated as a second or third round pick

pretty good read on him here:

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2011/11/tigers_defensive_tackle_brocke.html

BATON ROUGE -- At 6 feet 6 and 310 pounds, LSU defensive tackle Michael Brockers is monster-sized, even by college football standards. That's why he plays were he does, waging battle with other similarly built behemoths and helping make the Tigers the unanimous No. 1 team in the country. Teammates say the defense, ranked among the top five in the nation in five major categories, starts with the havoc Brockers creates.

Going into Friday's game against No. 3 Arkansas (10-1, 6-1), he's ninth on the team with 36 tackles and third with 7.5 tackles for losses, including two sacks. But it's not so much the numbers he produces as the havoc he creates.

From the start of the season against Oregon, Brockers has stepped in admirably to do what departed Drake Nevis did last season -- penetrate and disrupt plays, scattering runners in all directions to be picked off by Tigers teammates.

Against Ole Miss, he set up the Tigers' third touchdown when he split a double team and sacked quarterback Barry Brunetti for a 12-yard loss at the Rebels' 2-yard line. Teammate Kevin Minter recovered a fumble in the end zone on the next play. On another play, he fended off a blocker with one arm and tackled Ole Miss running back Brandon Bolden for no gain.

It's teammates such as Minter and safety Brandon Taylor who know best that good defense starts up front, and that Brockers has helped everyone's numbers this season.

"That's where our turnovers and interceptions come from, when they get pressure on the quarterback," Taylor said. "It leads to mistakes by the quarterback. We give a lot of thanks.

"Brock actually takes up two gaps in the running game, him and Bennie (Logan). That leaves a lot of room for the linebackers to run freely and make a lot of big plays."

there's a lot more there with some pretty good insight into his work ethic and personality.

Archived