• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SCP Panthers Mock 1.0

Catalyst

Taking into account just 1 late comp. pick.

1st: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama

Gives us a lot of flexability in the secondary. If Hogan looks ready to start opposite Gamble we can move Kirkpatrick to FS to replace Martin. I'm not entirely sold on Kirkpatrick as a cover corner, TBH, but I do feel he can play FS at least, so he should be a relatively safe pick considering both positions are needs.

2nd: Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma

Not necessarily a guy I'd want starting day one, but odds are T.D. at least is brought back on a reduced salary to give it another go. Lewis can be insurance for him or a developmental player if Davis ends up actually staying healthy.

4th: Levy Adcock, OT, Oklahoma State

Truth be told, I like Byron Bell at RT long-term, but it never hurts to have options and Adcock figures to go late 3rd/early 4th.

5th: Chris Rainey, RB/KR, Florida

Rivera has said he wants a scat back. We also badly need an upgrade at both kick and punt returner and Rainey can fill all 3 roles, IMO.

6th: Shaun Powell, P, Florida State

Can we all agree that we need a new punter? Yeah, thought so. Powell is, IMO, the best in the draft. Would actually not mind taking him in the 5th if need be.

7th: Malik Jackson, DE, Tennessee

Solid prospect with upside to develop and hopefully give us depth along the DL.

7th: Austen Pasztor, G, Virginia

More late-round depth along the OL.

Taking into account just 1 late comp. pick.

1st: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama

Gives us a lot of flexability in the secondary. If Hogan looks ready to start opposite Gamble we can move Kirkpatrick to FS to replace Martin. I'm not entirely sold on Kirkpatrick as a cover corner, TBH, but I do feel he can play FS at least, so he should be a relatively safe pick considering both positions are needs.

2nd: Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma

Not necessarily a guy I'd want starting day one, but odds are T.D. at least is brought back on a reduced salary to give it another go. Lewis can be insurance for him or a developmental player if Davis ends up actually staying healthy.

4th: Levy Adcock, OT, Oklahoma State

Truth be told, I like Byron Bell at RT long-term, but it never hurts to have options and Adcock figures to go late 3rd/early 4th.

5th: Chris Rainey, RB/KR, Florida

Rivera has said he wants a scat back. We also badly need an upgrade at both kick and punt returner and Rainey can fill all 3 roles, IMO.

6th: Shaun Powell, P, Florida State

Can we all agree that we need a new punter? Yeah, thought so. Powell is, IMO, the best in the draft. Would actually not mind taking him in the 5th if need be.

7th: Malik Jackson, DE, Tennessee

Solid prospect with upside to develop and hopefully give us depth along the DL.

7th: Austen Pasztor, G, Virginia

More late-round depth along the OL.

I notice there is no DT in any of your picks. I think you might here something about that but I for one like the group. Looks solid glad you didn't reach for a "position of need"

I know Im an NC State homer, but Carolina should really look into drafting WR/PR TJ Graham from State. Hes a good WR, but one of the best PR in the league the last couple years and prob the best PR in the ACC since CJ Spiller. Would be a good late round pickup.

as a UNC fan I would not be disappointed with a late round pick used on him

I know Im an NC State homer, but Carolina should really look into drafting WR/PR TJ Graham from State. Hes a good WR, but one of the best PR in the league the last couple years and prob the best PR in the ACC since CJ Spiller. Would be a good late round pickup.

I agree. He is probably a long term project as a receiver, but would instantly upgrade the punter returner position. Definitely worth picking up with a later rounder.

Archived