• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints should lose at least 4-5 key starters this offseason

R0CKnR0LLA

Oh, and in addition to their FA losses, they (along with the Falcons) are replacing their DC.

The Falcons are also replaced their OC.

And the Bucs are replacing their entire coaching staff.

If Chud ends up staying, the most stability in the NFCS will be in Charlotte.

You guys are pathetic. Wishing that this Saints team gets taken apart because you can’t hang with them. How sad. What makes it worst is all but 2 of these guys are coming back and the two that aren’t probably won’t get asked to come back and will be replaced by someone better. It is has already been stated that Brees is going to sign a cap friendly contract that will allow Colston and Meachem to resign while Nicks get Franchised. Dunbar is going to sign because he is just a part time new comer that won’t get attention on the market. Shaun Rogers says he will take a discount to stay. Might lose Porter and Franklin but trust me those are not losses that will cause any Saints fan grief. When you add Spags and the new DC not only are the Saints going to be dominant next year but will have a chance to win the South for several years in a row.

Yeah, and didn't he move his wife and kids out of the Bayou reecently to Texas?

Hmmm, I bet Jerruh would love Breesus wearing the Lone Star on Sundays. I think Ol' Romo is 4 years into his current contract already............

Brees and family live in the Garden District near Tulane in New Orleans. Never moved to Texas so check your facts.

You guys are pathetic. Wishing that this Saints team gets taken apart because you can’t hang with them. How sad. What makes it worst is all but 2 of these guys are coming back and the two that aren’t probably won’t get asked to come back and will be replaced by someone better. It is has already been stated that Brees is going to sign a cap friendly contract that will allow Colston and Meachem to resign while Nicks get Franchised. Dunbar is going to sign because he is just a part time new comer that won’t get attention on the market. Shaun Rogers says he will take a discount to stay. Might lose Porter and Franklin but trust me those are not losses that will cause any Saints fan grief. When you add Spags and the new DC not only are the Saints going to be dominant next year but will have a chance to win the South for several years in a row.

I love how you think Brees ISN'T a professional athlete and a star one at that. The guy isn't going to break the bank I don't think, but he WILL see to it that he gets paid like on of the top 3 at his position and he won't settle for less. Otherwise, there would already be a deal signed and done with months ago. Get your head out of the clouds.

We're sad for wanting one of our divisional opponents to flounder into nonexistence by losing a lot of players? What team isn't? Don't act like you wouldn't be ECSTATIC if Beason and Davis could never come back and Cam suffered a season ending injury in the preseason. This is sports. We're fans. We want NO, Atl, and TB to all fail, however that is. And we expect you guys to feel the same. I don't wish injury on Brees or anybody on your offense...your defense, well, I wouldn't WISH injury...but I wouldn't shed a single tear of remorse either.

The point is, you're a Saints fan on a Panthers board trolling and acting like your team did anything. Two years in a row, same outcome. First, Marshawn Lynch shredded your pathetic defense. Then, Vernon Davis shredded your pathetic defense.

Brees is going to want to be the highest paid QB in the league. Plain and simple. That is a vindication of his worth and the fact he has been playing at a high level for relatively cheaply compared to Brady and Manning. Professional athletes equate their value with what someone is willing to pay for them. A cap friendly contract will still cost 15-18 million minimum. As for Colston, expect him to want a big payday as well. Being a seventh rounder he got very little up to now and will expect to get paid as one of the top 5 WRs in the game. Something in the 7 million a year range. NIcks is going to want 10 million. Add it up, you just added 18 million to next years cap over this year's cap with 3 players. Anyone who think either one of them will give a big hometown discount have to be Saints fans. Everyone else knows this is a business and with the cap and salaries escalating in 2013-2014- few players want to be caught taking money now and having other guys not as good surpassing them in 2 years.

What may happen though is that guys will take a 1 or 2 year contract hoping to break the bank when the cap busts open as the new TV deal gets done.

I love how you think Brees ISN'T a professional athlete and a star one at that. The guy isn't going to break the bank I don't think, but he WILL see to it that he gets paid like on of the top 3 at his position and he won't settle for less. Otherwise, there would already be a deal signed and done with months ago. Get your head out of the clouds.

We're sad for wanting one of our divisional opponents to flounder into nonexistence by losing a lot of players? What team isn't? Don't act like you wouldn't be ECSTATIC if Beason and Davis could never come back and Cam suffered a season ending injury in the preseason. This is sports. We're fans. We want NO, Atl, and TB to all fail, however that is. And we expect you guys to feel the same. I don't wish injury on Brees or anybody on your offense...your defense, well, I wouldn't WISH injury...but I wouldn't shed a single tear of remorse either.

The point is, you're a Saints fan on a Panthers board trolling and acting like your team did anything. Two years in a row, same outcome. First, Marshawn Lynch shredded your pathetic defense. Then, Vernon Davis shredded your pathetic defense.

Yea you saw both of those games because your pitiful excuse for a team was done playing. It would be disappointing if Beason and Davis don't come back because Davis probably runs about at 5.5 40 now and Beason was already losing a step when he got hurt. On top of that the Saints exposed Newton in their last game and proved how to shut him down. One last thing, until you guys when a Lombardi please don't attempt to act like you know anything about winning. You are all just wanna be's and don't know what it is like to pull for a true World Champion.

Archived