• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford Comeback Player of the Year

chknwing

I think D'Qwell Jackson should have won it, the guy torn his right and left pectoral! He came back this year and had a great year for the Brown. I don't think Stafford should have won it because he wasn't a establish player before this year. It like giving the award to Victor Cruz because he didn't had any catch last year and this year he had 1500 yards!

I think D'Qwell Jackson should have won it, the guy torn his right and left pectoral! He came back this year and had a great year for the Brown. I don't think Stafford should have won it because he wasn't a establish player before this year. It like giving the award to Victor Cruz because he didn't had any catch last year and this year he had 1500 yards!

no

you do realize if Beason put in Jackson's season......this board would be talking about Beason not getting the award as the greatest travesty in the history of the NFL.

Don't worry, there will be a massive thread on why Beason should win it next season before the award is handed out. The reaction to who gets it is yet to be known.

Stafford deserved it. Even if he wasn't exactly "already there", he has shown promise his whole career. Only injuries had prevented him from fulfilling that promise. I woulda liked for Smitty to had gotten it, but coming back from an injury is a little more legitimate than coming back from poor QB play.

And Alex Smith has no business in the discussion. Stafford showed promise that was only derailed by injuries. A. Smith never showed promise, and didn't even have that good of a season. He's been carried by his team for roughly 16.75 games. Stafford's season >>> A. Smith's.

What exactly did he come back from? He was an injured nobody who finally managed to survive an entire season and play well.

When I think of "comeback player of the year" I think of a formerly great player who went through some adversity (injury, etc) and came back to perform at or near the level of his prior greatness.

Come on guys, let's not act like Stafford was a nobody. He was playing at an extremely high level until he got hurt in the third game of the 2010 season. Completed 60% of his passes for 535 yards and six touchdowns. He also had a rushing touchdown, and only one interception. I mean yea it wasn't a full season of great performance (like he had this year), but he was playing better then just about any QB in the NFL in 2010 before he got hurt. I know we all love our guys, but Stafford deserved this award after coming back from multiple shoulder injuries to have the kind of season he did. Stafford threw for 5K and over 40 touchdowns....that's unreal.....Stafford deserved this award, and he definitely deserved to be voted into the Pro Bowl. Unfortunately, there's only three spots and Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees and Eli Manning had monster years as well....

Don't worry, there will be a massive thread on why Beason should win it next season before the award is handed out. The reaction to who gets it is yet to be known.

I'm sure there is already somebody here whining about the possibility of it.

Archived