• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Secondary knows they are sucking buttholes.

Kurb

This Fox team has been pretty good about staying closed-lipped to the media about its short comings. I'd like to keep it that way. It's much more effective to feed the media bullsh*t, boring PC answers in public and then kick their ass in private until things get fixed.

That's about as perfect a post as I have seen on here...

this is NFL football. Each unit is going to go up and down. A few weeks ago our run D couldn't stop anyone, some weeks the ground game struggles, some weeks the passing game is horrid, somedays special teams make or breaks us.......if you have a good team, other units step up when one is off.

They played well earlier this year, I think it is a scheme and communication problem. Lucas is still solid. No worries yet.....with this team I wouldn't be surprised if the pass D stepped up and T. Bell had a decent day. You never know what you are going to get w/ Carolina.

My fear is it's in their heads now and they are going to press. They need to just relax and get back to basics. I wonder if Trgo is throwing more sh*t in the mix now versus his "Simplify the D" strategy from earlier this year?

Actually that might be the perfect solution. Use more press coverage and support the deep routes with safety support. With Denver lacking a good running attack why aren't we using more man under cover 1 or 2 or go nickle all day. Marshall, Lucas and Gamble are pretty solid against the run and both Harris and Godfrey can come up and give a good hit. Don't think we are losing much.

BTW I know what you were getting at, I was just using a play on your words.

Actually that might be the perfect solution. Use more press coverage and support the deep routes with safety support. With Denver lacking a good running attack why aren't we using more man under cover 1 or 2 or go nickle all day. Marshall, Lucas and Gamble are pretty solid against the run and both Harris and Godfrey can come up and give a good hit. Don't think we are losing much.

BTW I know what you were getting at, I was just using a play on your words.

Thats the Problem Lucas cant press because Godfrey looks to be still learning. Thats why you see him give such a big cushion to the CB so he can keep him in front of his and he dose not give up the big play. Pressing is not gonna keep us from getting burnt. Both times Lucas got bunt he Pressed Bryant. Gamble didn't have it gave Bryant an under route where he beat Gamble to the ball.

Godfrey is so young that anything can be fixed. Lucas has had only one good season with Carolina, and has been going downhill since. Fixing the problem is moving Lucas out of the starting role and letting Marshall take over. Marshall is better suited on the outside then against a slot receiver anyways.

Archived