• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucs going after another college coach...Schiano from Rutgers to be announced soon

Boltergeist

Ok good this Chud Watch is over for now. He will have atleast one more year here to help us get to the SB this coming year. Because we all know there will be other teams next year looking for a HC. Chud will most likely be right back on that list. Don't be to surprise if it happens. But that is a year from now. Chud start working on this coming year plan for Cam and this offense.:p

it seems like people "like him" but not much repsect from what i've seen as a brilliant coach. he's a run first guy apparently, that people were thinking would be taking over the penn st. program. not sure how that mentality is going to fly in the modern NFL, esp. in the NFCS against the saints and panthers. score big or go home. you can't do that keeping the ball on the ground.

GregABedard Loved Schiano the program builder, recruiter. Terrific preparation. Not a fan of game coaching. Reminded of Wannstedt, who he coached under

evansilva ESPN's Adam Schefter on Schiano to #Bucs: "He's been on the radar of NFL teams. In fact, he did speak with the St Louis Rams at one point."

HolderStephen The Glazers reportedly did extensive research on Schiano in past few weeks, incl talking to Bill Belichick: http://t.co/PiOiYZ9Z
evansilva Schiano's offenses were consistently run-1st, smash-mouth at Rutgers. Almost always RBBC. #Bucs will add another back. http://t.co/b4SDxV6n

This saga has officially taken a left turn into Weirdsville :skep:

Yes it has. I did not see this one coming at all. I actually expected Chud to be hired in the next few days. I'm not sure what the Bucs are doing here, Schiano is a pretty damn good college coach because of his ability to recruit, but I'm not sure about him being an NFL coach.

Does that mean they'll draft Trent Richardson? :)

I'd say they are pretty likely to take a RB with on of their first two picks. I'm not sure if that means that they take Richardson in the first though.

jim harbaugh, in osme team's minds, made it alright to hire college coaches. the only problem is that harbaugh had many years of experience as a player in the NFL and several years at the coaching level before taking over collge teams.

he knew quite well how the NFL worked so it's not like he was just any college coach.

apparently the bucs fans are having some concerns about hiring a college coach. i saw this bit of damage control from one of their "better" beat reporters:

HolderStephen Schiano does have some NFL experience, tho not recent: He spent three years on Chicago Bears defensive staff in the late 90s
:lol:

Who knows how good a coach he will be? To just say haha is a little premature I think. That being said I'm glad they have their grubby little hands off or our OC so we can build on this past season. Also if they get Trent Richardson there is a chance Claiborne falls to us. That is a big win imo.

jim harbaugh, in osme team's minds, made it alright to hire college coaches. the only problem is that harbaugh had many years of experience as a player in the NFL and several years at the coaching level before taking over collge teams.

he knew quite well how the NFL worked so it's not like he was just any college coach.

apparently the bucs fans are having some concerns about hiring a college coach. i saw this bit of damage control from one of their "better" beat reporters: :lol:

Yea, this is bizarre. Apparently Schiano got the most important endorsement in the NFL, Bill Belichick gave him a glowing recommendation that he'd make an excellent head coach.

Ehhh, I'm not so sure of that Bill.

Archived