• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fred Lane video

AZPanther

I know this is a blast from the past but I was talking to a friend who is too young to football to know Fred Lane and his TD dances. This is a long shot but does anyone have clips of this? Especially the one for the fine and then when he did the worm. Couldnt find them on youtube.

Thanks!

You could go to Hulu and watch season highlights of the Panthers when he was playing.

i'll never forget the freddy, freddy,freddy, chants after his breakout game at boa...this was being chanted as we were exiting

Was my first Panthers game my dad took me. IT WAS AWESOME also the game where Kasay set his career long Field goal mark if I'm not mistaken

I really miss Fred Lane also, I didn't follow statistics and games as well as some other people when he was playing for the Panthers but I do remember a game that he was swallowed up by practically an entire defense and somehow emerged from that huge pile of jerseys for more yards. I will always remember that play and will always have respect for Fred Lane.

R.I.P. Fred Lane

He had 2001 yards over 3 seasons. 6 career 100+ yard games (3 against New Orleans).

I'm an old man now, just wasn't quite as old then, but I was deeply saddened by his loss.

28 carries, 147 yards rushing, 3 TDs against the Raiders.... November 2, 1997

Was that the game where we had it at the Raider 5, the Raiders lined up on D without a lineman anywhere near the middle, and Collins called his own number and lumbered into the end zone untouched?

I remember the first time Lane got himself noticed as a Panther.

They were doing goal line drills, scout team vs first team defense, and not expecting much. All of a sudden this guy nobody's heard of busts through for a touchdown on something like three out of four tries. The buzz out of camp was "who is this kid?"

Lane was a guy I had high hopes for. Hated how his story ended :(

Archived