• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayock hits all the Huddle sore spots; Luck vs. Newton, AJ, and Coples

teeray

Is cam still black? Ok there are still work ethic questions. Is Luck still white and the next combo of elway/Marino/Montana rolled into one? Ok then the analysts will take him over a lazy black guy who relied simply on athletic ability to combine for 35 touchdowns and throw for over 4,000 yards in his rookie season. fug this noise.

Another EPIC FAIL trying to turn any negative question about Cam into ANYTHING to do with race.

Let it go.

At what point is there any other reasoning for the questioning?

He has shown 0 percent cause for concern regarding his work ethic. ZERO.

I am not saying he is purposefully racist, but continuing to make points about the concern about work ethic is ridiculous.

I think he is still waiting for Cam to fail, so he can tell us "I told you he was lazy", he obviously didn't work hard and got caught up into wanting to be entertainer.

The work ethic questions are really pissing me off. According to ALL accounts, Newton has worked relentlessly. There be zero reasons to even let the questions of work ethic arise. Turnovers? Maybe. Leadership? I'd listen to an argument. But it's still not an issue. But, the work ethic things are fuging stupid.

"The question is how well will NFL defenses adapt to what Carolina did a year ago and will Cam Newton continue to work as hard as he needs to to stay ahead of that curve?"

I also really appreciate the fact that he seems to feel that NFL defenses, after the first few games of the season last year, never had the chance to satisfactorily adjust to the Cam phenomenon. Never bothered to watch film on Cam and make a defensive game plan to try and stop him, I guess.

"Who is this Cam guy? I mean, he's already played 6/7/8/9/10/etc. games now and we can get the film on him if we want to, but you know? I think we'll just not do that and make our game plan for the Panthers game this week a guessing game with no adjustments from watching film!"

Yeah, Mayock... that's exactly what happened each and every week, you douche!

well, to be fair, to say Mayock is a Philly guy and Philly reacted negatively when McNabb was drafted therefore Mayock must be a closet racist is the same thing as saying Cam is lazy because he's black...

not that I'm giving any credence to Mayock's belief...or have any desire to defend people from Philly...

Yeah, that's stereotyping in the same way I was complaining about Cam being stereotyped... so forget about that - good call.

My point is, what has Cam done (or not done) to cause anyone to have concerns about his work ethic?

At what point is there any other reasoning for the questioning?

He has shown 0 percent cause for concern regarding his work ethic. ZERO.

I am not saying he is purposefully racist, but continuing to make points about the concern about work ethic is ridiculous.

I think he is still waiting for Cam to fail, so he can tell us "I told you he was lazy", he obviously didn't work hard and got caught up into wanting to be entertainer.

The work ethic questions are really pissing me off. According to ALL accounts, Newton has worked relentlessly. There be zero reasons to even let the questions of work ethic arise. Turnovers? Maybe. Leadership? I'd listen to an argument. But it's still not an issue. But, the work ethic things are fuging stupid.

The fact that you equate someone questioning an athlete's work ethic to being a racial remark proves only ONE thing....that you are likely a racist.

Cam's success WAS due to his unique skillset....and Chud's ability to really create a unique offense. Cam will have to continue to develop as a passer, because defense WILL adapt to some of the things that he was able to do. It is in NO WAY a guaranteed racially motivated remark.

Mayock very well may be a racist, but it is still SAD that so many STILL claim racism if anyone questions Cam.

Another EPIC FAIL trying to turn any negative question about Cam into ANYTHING to do with race.

Let it go.

Yeah, you just keep on believin' in your pipe dream where all racism has been eliminated from this world (and the NFL) and we all live amongst cotton candy clouds, lollipop trees, and lemon drop suns! Wheeeeeee!

The fact that you equate someone questioning an athlete's work ethic to being a racial remark proves only ONE thing....that you are likely a racist.

Looks like someone led a very sheltered life to not immediately understand this VERY COMMON, very old, and racist stereotype.

Cam's success WAS due to his unique skillset....and Chud's ability to really create a unique offense. Cam will have to continue to develop as a passer, because defense WILL adapt to some of the things that he was able to do. It is in NO WAY a guaranteed racially motivated remark.

Mayock very well may be a racist, but it is still SAD that so many STILL claim racism if anyone questions Cam.

Yes. I am a racist. Busted. lulz.

I am not necessarily equating the questions due to racism. I am saying, why the discrepancy with Cam and not other quarterbacks. Why would he still bring it up? Why keep talking about it when there is no evidence for it?

I wouldn't claim race if he mentioned turnovers, or even leadership ability.

But knowing that African Americans have been unfairly stereotyped, throughout American history, as lazy and having a bad work ethic. It makes me wonder why he would still bring up this concern with just Cam.

Also, stay classy.

His success was also due to his work ethic...which for some reason is still in question.

Archived