• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

As much as I dislike the Saints and their coaches, this kind of thing doesn't make me happy or giddy. I preferred to pretend the Saints just were a little dirtier than everyone else. This kind of thing is a major health risk for NFL players. The game is already so dangerous.

I would rather this have never happened. It casts a dark cloud over the entire NFL.

For those on other places comparing this to Spy Gate, it's nothing even close imo. This is a completely different crime... and perhaps it should be treated as such.

If criminal charges aren't handed out, then Goodell really is a fraud.

It isn't really up to Goodell to hand out criminal charges but I think you are right that it could go in that direction. It seems to me that targetting specific players ahead of time and attempting to knock them out would be some sort of premeditated assault.

This is way worse than cheating.

You are putting safety in question and that is the number one issue facing the NFL today.

You are talking about a team intentially trying to cause physical harm to opposing teams players. It's not too far fetched to think that someone may face criminal charges.

Imagine if they had succeeded in blowing out Smith's knee and ending his career. In my opinion, that is assault.

I still think videotaping another team's practices and defensive signals and subsequently winning superbowls with that knowledge is worse for the integrity of the sport.

Now on a level of being disgusting scumbags, this is way worse. But for the integrity of the game, I'd say cheating is worse than being paid to injure players.

Only thing I am worried about is the league sweeping this under the rug in order to protect they're precious favorite team...

I wonder why this isnt being covered on the national television media yet? I am going to be pissed if the league lets them get away with this.

No way Goodell completely sweeps this under the rug. He has made his bed with player safety and now an organization (no matter who it is) has challenged his power.

In my opinion, he will come down pretty hard on them.

I still think videotaping another team's practices and defensive signals and subsequently winning superbowls with that knowledge is worse for the integrity of the sport.

Now on a level of being disgusting scumbags, this is way worse. But for the integrity of the game, I'd say cheating is worse than being paid to injure players.

It's not uncommon for one team to be able to figure out another team's plays anyways. That was just more of an advantage to some extent, you still had to execute.

It's an entirely different situation where you are trying to take out their players, both from a safety and ethical standpoint.

Just to give you some laughs, before SaintsReport went down, a lot of people were there saying "what's the big deal, it's no different than playing tough". F'ing idiots.

No different than when the Falcon fans were saying, "what's the big deal, they were just dogs"

Archived