• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Severe, sweeping penalties under consideration in Saints bounty case

Car123

I was just breessing through the saint’s report for a few laughs and it amazed me how delusional the saint’s fans really are. They still think things are going to be fine and that franchising Brees will save money and let them sign their key players. They seemed to have forgotten the twenty some odd players are facing suspensions and they will have to sign said number players to temporally fill those spots:D

I was just breessing through the saint’s report for a few laughs and it amazed me how delusional the saint’s fans really are. They still think things are going to be fine and that franchising Brees will save money and let them sign their key players. They seemed to have forgotten the twenty some odd players are facing suspensions and they will have to sign said number players to temporally fill those spots:D

Being blinded by homer goggles is part of fanhood. There were many people here who would have put up a lot of money that Peppers would never leave, even though the writing on the wall was staring us in the face.

That being said, I will love it when Goodell drops the hammer and come draft time we are getting the help we need, and they have to stand pat with no pick, no Colston, no Nicks, no Meachum, no Porter, etc. It will be great.

Gregg Williams did this in two different jobs, suspending him may not be enough.

edit: though can't really take away his ability to find employment. meh.

There's no constitutional right to coach in the NFL.

They can ban him from coaching in the league if they wish. He'd still be free to seek Jo sin Arena, semi-pro, college...and high school :D

He's not in NO for a reason. I always thought it was weird he just left the Saints. Maybe he didn't leave... Benson or somebody in the Saints org. knew this was coming. Too bad the Rams get fuged in the process.

Williams and Jeff Fisher are best friends and ever since he got the Rams job it was always assumed he would bring on Williams since his contract with NO was up. I think Williams quick admission/apology was probaby prompted by Fisher in an attempt to save a possible banning. I would bet that if the penalty is 1 year that Fisher names an interim DC and brings him back unless overruled by the owner.

I know you were kidding, but they can't ban them from the postseason. Might as well just cancel their season.

Yes I was joking (although it would be awesome) and I didn't expect that it would actually be possible.

But I don't know what you mean by "might as well cancel their season." With a postseason ban they wouldn't be able to win the division, but they would still be able to sell tickets and make money.

Yes I was joking (although it would be awesome) and I didn't expect that it would actually be possible.

But I don't know what you mean by "might as well cancel their season." With a postseason ban they wouldn't be able to win the division, but they would still be able to sell tickets and make money.

Think about it, the Saints fans disappear the minute they're out of the playoffs.

A person familiar with the deliberations said Sunday the NFL is considering severe, sweeping disciplinary measures in the New Orleans Saints’ bounty case that could include lengthy suspensions of Coach Sean Payton, General Manager Mickey Loomis, former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and player leaders of the scheme according to Mark Maske of the Washington Post.

The person, speaking on the condition of anonymity because NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has not made final decisions on penalties, said some of the sanctions could be “unprecedented.” Payton and Loomis face discipline for failing to halt the practice of paying players for big hits on opponents. The bounty system was administered by Williams and involved 22 to 27 players, according to an NFL investigation revealed Friday.

The suspensions under consideration are a half-season or longer in some cases, the person said. Several other people in the sport said they expect Williams, now the defensive coordinator of the St. Louis Rams, to be punished severely.

People with knowledge of the deliberations cautioned that Goodell has yet to make final determinations in the Saints case and that some matters remained subject to change. Goodell is seeking advice on disciplinary action from the NFL Players Association, players and others, those people said.

puTsN.gif

This makes me :cam:

Archived